Start Off The New Year Right By Maintaining Your Home.
Enjoy all the comforts your home can bring and ward off any unexpected breakdowns and emergency repair bills to start your New Year off right. PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Since 1885 compiled a home maintenance checklist.
Home Maintenance Checklist 2022
1. Kitchen Appliances
Some things you can do to service your kitchen appliances to extend life and avoid breakdowns include:
- Refrigerator Coils – Clean the condenser coils of your fridge. Typically these coils are found on the bottom of the unit. You can use a special brush specifically designed to dust the coils the right way.
- Oven Vent Hood Filter – The vent filter above the oven should be cleaned or replaced to help prevent a buildup of grease.
2. Dryer Vent Cleaning
Poorly vented or clogged exhaust vent make your clothes dryer work harder, can cause fire hazards and even create carbon monoxide poisoning. Failure to clean the dryer vent is the leading cause of home clothes dryer fires. Facts about home clothes dryer fires.
- Does your drying cycle double or triple in time?
- Do clothes come out of the dryer very hot?
- Does your dryer stop during a cycle?
- Learn more signs of a clogged dryer vent.
3. Washing Machine Water Hoses Inspection
Did you know bursting washing machine hoses are a top 10 insurance claim? Rubber washing machine hoses weaken under constant water pressure, get stiff, even crack with time. We advise you to replace rubber washing machine hoses with stainless steel braided hoses. If you need washing machine hose replacement, shut off valves or any plumbing service please contact PDM Since 1885. Learn how often to replace washing machine hoses.
4. Plumbing Maintenance & Water Heater Flush
Regular PLUMBING maintenance on your plumbing system can save you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars down the road. A plumbing inspection:
- Checks your water pressure and water quality.
- Looks at piping connections for possible leaks or wear and tear over time.
- Without a regular water heater flush and service, you run the risk of sediment building up in the system, leaving you with less hot water and an earlier than expected replacement expense. Learn how to flush a water heater.
- Toilet leaking tips. Inspects faucets, showerheads, emergency shut-off valves and more for any issues.
- Water softener checkup and sump pump inspection and free pump motor test.
5. Heating & Cooling System Maintenance – Year-Round Comfort
- When you perform regular maintenance on your HVAC system, you ensure your unit is working safely, effectively and efficiently the entire year. At minimum inspect your furnace air filter every month or two and is the furnace dirty? Learn more of heating maintenance.
- Whole home humidifier annual maintenance. Mold, bacteria, and other particles can enter the air and your body with a poorly maintained humidifier. Consider replacing old or neglected humidifiers to improve your immune system and lower utility bills.
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) detector alarms. Lifespan of 5-10 years before they lose a sense of smell and cannot detect the deadly gas accurately. Inspect, change batteries.
- And in the summer make sure no weeds or bushes are blocking air flow for your outdoor AC unit. Why get an AC tune-up?
Here’s To A Bright New Year.
PDM stands against cutting corners when it comes to comfort. Call the PDM Clean Team for knowledgeable maintenance, repair and replacement service. PDM, the most trusted name in plumbing, heating & cooling solutions since 1885. Call 815-726-6264.
Contact PDM for home maintenance in Joliet, New Lenox, Frankfort, Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Lockport, Romeoville, Homer Glen and SW Chicago Suburbs.
Whole House Humidifier Maintenance Works » « JOLIET PLUMBING & HVAC COMPANY WINS READERS’ CHOICE AWARDS.