How To Tell If My Dryer Vent Is Clogged?
Happiness is a clean dryer vent. You’ll look better, run faster and sing better than ever with dryer vent cleaning by PDM Since 1885. Order the knowledge and tools to get the job done right. If you experience any of the following, clean you dryer to the outside vent.
- Does your drying cycle double or triple in time?
- Do clothes come out of the dryer very hot?
- Are you finding very little lint on your lint screen?
- Does your dryer stop during a cycle?
- Do your clothes have a moldy smell?
- Is your dryer hot to the touch while running?
- Do you find lint on your clothing?
- The lint trap is empty? With a decrease of suitable air flow, dryer vent ducts will not push lint out to the lint trap.
- Do you have a plastic exhaust duct from your dryer to the wall? Upgrade to a metal exhaust duct to prevent fires.
- Did you know that carbon monoxide is vented through your dryer’s vent? The fumes that a gas dryer emits are dangerous.
- You do not clean the lint from the dryer’s lint screen after every load.
Why Is My Clothes Dryer Vent Clogged?
Poorly vented or clogged exhaust vent can cause fire hazards and even carbon monoxide poisoning. Failure to clean the dryer is the leading cause of home clothes dryer fires. Facts about home clothes dryer fires.
- Dryer exhaust hoses can be bent, crimped, squashed, restricted and collect more lint.
- Lint builds up with added condensation.
- Pests or a bird nest is blocking the vent.
- What you dry and how often the dryer runs.
What Happens When Your Vent Is Blocked?
When lint accumulates in an exhaust duct, it reduces the dryer’s ability to expel heated water vapor. That causes heat energy to build up within the dryer.
As the dryer overheats, mechanical failures can trigger tiny sparks, which can cause lint trapped in the dryer vent to burst into flames. Fires generally originate within the dryer but spread by escaping through the ventilation duct, incinerating trapped lint, and following its path into the building wall.
Plastic dryer vent should be replaced with a metal vent.
Learn The True Condition Of Your Clothes Dryer Exhaust Vent.
Clogged clothes dryer vent increases drying costs and shortens the life of your dryer. If you want to DIY, move the dryer away from the wall, disconnect power, shut off gas valve, disconnect vent and vacuum vent lines. Go to the outside vent and vaccuum the same.
PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Clean Team will perform a complete inspection to ensure your dryer is properly vented and free from lint, as well as possible nests of mice or birds.
For clogged clothes dryer vent inspections in the greater Bolingbrook, Homer Glen, Joliet, New Lenox and Plainfield, IL areas, ring the PDM Clean Team. PDM has served your neighborhood for 136 years. Contact PDM for trusted service. 815-207-4111.