Drains Are Not A Garbage Can
Toys, snakes, you name it, PDM plumbers have found many different items that clog or damage drain pipes over the last 100 years. As a result blocked sewage can surge up through sinks, floor drains, toilets, disposals and make for a very messy problem.
Holidays are a busy times for plumbers. Avoid putting these item into your sink or toilet drain.
- Disposable diapers, feminine hygiene products, condoms
- Animal feces, flushable cat litter can clog drains and carry harmful parasites
- Flushable wipes can clog your drain
- Cooking oils, butter, and grease builds up in pipes over time
- Coffee grinds can clump together and as time goes by, the grounds can form a clump and pack the drain until it develops a clog. It’s better to put coffee grounds in your garden that the darin.
- Egg shells allow other items to collect on the shells and cause a drain blockage
- Pasta, rice, flour are bad news. Pasta continues to swell once in the drain and will block drains and cause future plumbing problems.
- Bags, paper, paper towels, rags or sticks, yes we find them in clogged drains.
- Motor oil, transmission fluids, anti-freeze or other toxic chemicals – protect our waterways
- Paints, turpentine, nail polish, polish remover
- Corrosive substances that are either acidic or caustic
- Prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Fruit pits (and bones) – Garbage Disposal blades are not sharp enough to grind these and cause clogged drains
Seems like most solid matter that is put down the toilet or drainpipe can cause clogged drain blockages in both the public sewer or your home/business drain. As a result it leads to: raw sewage overflowing in your home or a neighbor’s home; an expensive and unpleasant cleanup; potential contact with disease-causing organisms.
PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Since 1885 has been feeling their way through tough clogged drains and sewer piping. PDM plumbers will get your drains flowing in the right direction fast.
Fast And Economical Way To Open Clogged Drains.
First of all a common way to open blocked drains is with electro-mechanical power-snake rodding equipment. It has a flexible steel cable with an attached blade that rotates through pipes to dislodge blockages.
Many times after using the rodding machine we also suggest high pressure water jetting service.
Likewise a video pipe sewer camera service can take the guesswork out of drain & sewer repairs and blockages.
Ultimately PDM has what it takes for sewer cleaning, sewer piping repair and new installation.
Prevent Clogged Drains. Try A Planned Maintenance Program.
Have you had similar draining emergencies in the past? PDM licensed plumbers can help prevent them from happening again in the future. Regular drain cleaning helps lessen blockages, which can result in unsanitary conditions in a home or business.
About PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling
PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Since 1885 has assembled an award-winning team to carry on its 137-year tradition. Receive reliable service for HVAC, plumbing, drain cleaning and repair for homes, businesses and government facilities. Every service call is backed by a customer satisfaction guarantee. Serving Joliet and SW Chicago Suburbs.
Our skilled team of plumbing, piping, HVAC experts promises the following with each and every call:
- Guaranteed Pricing: You will never be surprised by an unpleasant bill.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: Going beyond to make you happy.
- Environmentally Friendly: We recycle and use sustainable materials.
- Respect: We’re homeowners too, so we will always clean our messes and treat your property with respect.