Hiding In The Dark – Root Intrusion In Drain Line
Slow draining sinks, showers, bathtubs, laundry, gurgling drain noises, toilets backing up, sewer odors—may be common clogs, they may also be related to a tree root in sewer line problem.
Tree roots crave the water and nutrients flowing through your sewer pipes. Even a tiny crack or a loose joint can release vapors that attract roots.
Roots can grow away from a tree three times the height of the tree. They love to grow and work their way into the sewer pipe until eventually they form a root mass that will totally block the pipe, causing your sewers to back up into your place.
How To Remove Tree Root In Sewer Lines
- Cutting roots. We use a powerful rooting machine to cut roots if not too large. Then can use a high pressure water jetter to clean more. This is a starting point to get things flowing properly again.
- Sewer camera to see the problem.
- Tree root killers are chemical herbicides that destroy plants or inhibit their growth. Not good for septic tank. Four different formula types available: foam, crystal, dust, liquid. Root killers can be used to destroy existing roots, or they can be applied twice a year as a preventive. If a tree root in sewer lines is the problem, a root killer may work, but takes time to fix the immediate issue. Unfortunately, any existing cracks in your sewer line will persist, even grow long after the tree roots have been removed.
- Green tree root killer. Try adding rock salt or sodium chloride, to your drain instead of chemicals. Add one pound of rock salt into the toilet bowl. Flush a number of times to remove salt. Try a second pound of salt and flush away. Do not use the drain for 10 hours. Let the tree roots suck up salt that removes water (life) from roots. This does take time.
- Pipe replacement. If the sewer pipe is so damaged that replacement is best, we will dig and repair the damaged piping. Call the drain experts at PDM for free root cleaning ideas.
Standard insurance policies usually do not cover sewer line damage, whether caused by tree roots or otherwise.
Alone & Needing A Torch To Remove Tree Root In Sewer Line?
10 COMMON BOILER REPAIRS » « Best Furnace Brand