Air Conditioner Repair Joliet, IL -- Proven Track Record For 138 Years
PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Since 1885Rated 4.9 out of 1136 reviews
Unadorned Yet Refined Simplicity.
PDM brings a new angle to air conditioning repair service. Traditional hard work coupled with honest craftsmanship. We are purposeful in every detail. Bold in any space.
Every Day, Your Way.
We're a neighbor with a proven 138 year boiler and furnace repair track record and annual service agreements.
As a trusted advisor we believe:
- Integrity, generosity and character trumps everything else.
- Follow through on our promises.
- Will report on what needs fixing, what needs maintaining & what can wait.
- Every option is fine-tuned to your exact preference. Offer pricing before work begins with affordable options.
- Guarantee our workmanship for one year.
- Over 1,100 social reviews supporting our service
- We care, work safely, keep the job site neat and clean up when done.
Call for a short conversation to see if PDM Cooling repair service makes sense... or not in greater Joliet, Plainfield, New Lenox, and Homer Glen, IL area
The cost for an HVAC service call will vary depending on many factors, but most AC and furnace repairs cost $144 to $451 on average, with minimum service visit charges ranging from $75 to $200. If you're not sure what's wrong with your air conditioner, an AC diagnostic will set you back roughly $89, while a tune-up would set you back around $100.
A blocked or clogged condenser coil might be the cause of your air conditioner working but not cooling the house. Dirt, grass and other flying debris can clog the condenser coil by accumulating between the fins. A filthy coil can increase energy costs, warmer air at the registers or, in the worst-case scenario, a full system shutdown or compressor failure. Clearing dirt, carefully vacuuming the coil with a brush attachment or gently washing the coil with a hose are all options for cleaning the coil. If your system is still not cooling, it's time to call a professional.
Your air conditioner may not turn on due to a variety of thermostat issues. Disconnected or missing cables are one of the most typical issues. Your air conditioner will not turn on if the wires are torn, disconnected or dirty. A broken thermostat is another prevalent issue. The thermostat will not deliver the signal to the air conditioner to turn on if it fails. If your thermostat is causing you difficulties with your air conditioning, you should replace it as soon as possible.
What Air Conditioner Repair Do I Need?
A number of things that can go wrong with a complex air conditioning unit. Learn common air conditioner repair FAQ and why air conditioning maintenance is your best return on investment. Here are common repairs we see:
Heating & Cooling Maintenance Plan
Don't Just Tune-Up Your AC System, Revitalize It With Six Critical Adjustments.
On average, 42% of homeowners have a professional maintain their air conditioning system. Regular HVAC maintenance extends the life of air conditioners by 40%. See Energy Star's HVAC maintenance checklist.
Best Return On Investment.
Like your vehicle oil change and tune-up, air conditioning maintenance adjusts:
- Electrical Connection - loose connections, weak components lead to breakdowns and unsafe conditions.
- Air Filtration - Clogged, dirty air filter can restrict airflow by 60%, reduce air quality, even overheat AC unit.
- Exterior Condenser Coil - cleaning, testing improves efficiency and performance.
- Refrigerant Level - AC runs longer and shortens life with low refrigerant.
- Duct Connections - obstruction from debris or leaking duct wastes energy and affects air quality. Inspect for dirty ducts and visible air leaks.
- Accurate Airflow - poor airflow helps create hotter or colder rooms.
Restore your AC unit back to factory specifications so it runs better, safer and longer. Plus keep your manufacturer warranty active. Save more with a PDM annual service plan to keep your HVAC in top condition.
Your Comfort, Guaranteed.
At PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Since 1885 we are committed to doing the best air conditioning repair job we possibly can and making sure you feel satisfied with our services.
No matter what the problem with your air conditioning unit is, you can count on us to properly diagnose the problem, select the right method of fixing it and make sure that your AC is back up and running. We stand behind all the work we do with our ongoing commitment to quality, and our determination to take care of our neighbors as if they were part of our family.
Don't Melt In The Heat - Act Now For Fast AC Repair!
The professionals at PDM stand ready to assist you with any air conditioning repair needs you have. Use our convenient online contact form or give us a call at 815-726-6264 to schedule your appointment today!