Good Old-Fashioned Water Heater Service For 138 Years!
Since PDM offered the first water heater storage tank in the 1890's our service has gone above and beyond. You'll get a caring team who works to give you the best service, is genuinely interested and always ready to help for any water heater brand repair or replacement.
Not all plumbers are equal.
- You'll receive a good-hearted team, quality parts and the latest technology to ensure your water heater is primed and ready to deliver hot water safely.
- Award winning, licensed, insured professionals with years of plumbing experience.
- PDM has your back with old-fashioned craftsmanship that pays attention to detail.
- You'll learn what needs fixing, what needs maintaining, what can wait and pricing before work begins.
- Plus, over 1,000 Five Star Reviews
As The Hearld News Will County's Readers' Choice Award winner, we search high and low for the best water heater repair and replacement options. Your PDM plumber will solve your problem the right way, on-time, and guaranteed.
Special Offer - Up To $200 Off Water Heater Replacement
PDM Water Heater Service is currently offering a special discount on water heater installation. You can save up to $200 on standard, power vent, and tankless water heater installations. This offer is valid for a limited time only, so be sure to contact PDM today!
Which Water Heater Replacement Is Right For You?
- The average home uses 80-120 gallons of hot water a day
- 18% of your average utility bill.
- Every building is unique and so is the water usage and general needs.
- We work with you to find the right guaranteed residential and commercial hot water heater replacement that can lower energy usage up to 27%.
- Best water heaters, simple solutions and honest answers.
- Same-day water heater replacement - Order before noon and live within 20 miles of Joliet.
Expert Help For Any Water Heater Type And Size:
Financing - Flexible, Affordable Water Heater Payment Options.
We know that installing new equipment can be a big decision. That’s why we offer financing options to help you stay within your budget.
We also offer a complimentary service to clean your chimney base debris. We’ll help ensure sufficient draft upstream to remove potentially deadly gases.
Common Hot Water Heaters Repair Questions.
If your heater is in the basement and a drain nearby it is less worrisome. The first thing to do is turn off the water flowing into the tank. There is a dedicated shutoff valve on the pipes that you should be able to turn clockwise to shut off the water. If the valve is broken or you cannot find it, you can turn off the main water to your house. The water heater may continue to leak temporarily depending on where the leak is located.
PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Since 1885 provides expert water heater repair and replacement services. We are happy to help with any leaks you may have and are available for emergencies. Contact us today to speak with one of our highly trained team members!
If you have been having issues with your water heater, there are a few signs that could indicate it is time to replace your unit:
- Age - If your water heater is ten years old or more, it is probably time for a new one. Standard tank storage water heaters are built to last about ten years. To find out how old your water heater is, you can check the serial number. The second and third characters represent the year the unit was manufactured.
- Noises - If your water heater is making banging or loud sounds, most likely sediment has built up at the bottom of the tank and water is having a hard time flowing through the pipes. You can try to drain your tank of the sediment, but if it has hardened you will most likely need a new one.
- Leaks - If your water heater tank is leaking, you will probably need a replacement. Make sure that if there is a leak, it is not one of the connections or fittings to the tank, which are easy repairs.
On average, you can expect to pay around $200 - $400 to repair a standard tank hot water heater. Some common repairs to water heaters include:
- Replacing thermostat.
- Replacing heating element.
- Repair thermocouple.
- Repair connections or fittings that could be leaking.
For more information on water heater repairs, or to schedule a service, contact PDM today!
This issue can be broken down into two common problems: not having enough hot water and having to wait a long time for the hot water to come back. Here are the answers to help with these two issues:
- Not enough hot water. Check the thermostat setting, it may be set too low. But be careful, a hotter setting can lead to scalding within seconds. Check the dip tube, if the dip tube has broken or fallen off, incoming cold water will be drawn out through the hot water outlet without being heated. Other possible causes are clogged burners and low gas pressure. If you have an older water heater, scale build-up can also be a problem.
Slow hot water recovery. Sediment buildup in the bottom of the water heater tank is a likely cause; flushing the water heater may help. Another cause could be insufficient combustion air caused by insufficient ventilation, a clogged flue (could be dangerous and allow carbon monoxide poisoning) or improper burner operation.
The precise cost depends on the problems you're having, the time it takes to fix them, and other factors. Here are some of the most frequent problems with water heaters that consumers encounter and their approximate cost:
- A replacement dip tube costs approximately $10 on average, and having it properly fixed can cost up to $150.
- A new pressure relief valve costs around $20, and repairs can cost up to $200.
- It's suggested that you replace your anode rod every five years or so, which will cost you around $20 to $50.
An average home water heater can give you 30 and 60 gallons of clean drinking water during a disaster.
- Turn off your gas valve or electrical breaker
- Keep the water in the tank safe by closing the water supply valve to the tank.
- Find the drain shit off valve at the bottom of the tank. This is where clean water comes from. Attach a short garden hose or use the clothes washer supply hose.
- In order for water to be drained from the tank open any hot water faucet in the building to allow air in.
- Remove any hard water sediment that has collected at the bottom of the water heater by draining a little using the hose. Be careful as the water is hot.
Time to Upgrade to a Tankless Water Heater?
- Never run out of hot water - On demand tankless water heater.
- Better value than a tank - Lasts up to twice as long, have twice the warranty, and save energy as you only heat water when it is needed.
- Save Valuable Space - Small and mighty, the suitcase-sized wall units fit in tight, out of the way spaces, freeing up more usable living area in your home.
- Financing starts at $70 per month.
- Learn more of tankless water heaters.
Will You Invite Over Just Any Plumber?
Not all plumbers are the same. PDM Plumbers are specialists, not a jack of all trades. Your professional plumber is certified, licensed, fully insured, background checked and has random drug testing for your protection. We wear shoe covers and gloves and clean up.
No matter how big or small the hot water job is, the experts at PDM would be more than happy to help in any way we can! PDM has offered the best water heaters for 138 years. Schedule an appointment today by calling 815-726-6264 .
“Timely service. When emergency strikes, PDM is quick to give service and help rectify situation. Whether it’s replacing a leaky water heater or failing air conditioner, they get the job done quickly & efficiently. Highly recommend!" -- Marie L. in Elwood, IL