Maximize Hot Water, Minimize Energy Use With Our Quick Hot Water Heater Repair & Maintenance
PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Since 1885Rated 4.9 out of 822 reviews
Even with a life expectancy of 8-14 years, repairs do appear. Twenty years ago manufacturer parts were mostly interchangeable. Today many water heaters require parts specific to the brand and model and may have to be ordered directly from the manufacturer after a diagnosis is complete.
We found over the years, pilot light repairs have increased along with gas burners, even under warranty. The good news is we usually perform a repair instead of having to replace the entire unit. For fast water heater repair service call 815-726-6264 .
Energy Efficient Water Heater Installation Reduces Your Impact On The Environment
If you have a storage tank water heater, every year you pour $400 to $600 of energy into it to have hot water whenever you want it. Lower energy usage also lessens the impact on the environment by reducing your carbon footprint. And, it definitely makes an impact. Based on the Bradford White ENERGY STAR® water heaters installed just in the last year, energy-efficient water heaters are saving the equivalent greenhouse gas emissions of almost 5,000 automobiles!
Proactive clients replace water heaters before they spring a costly, messy leak or lose hot water during a shower. If your heater is showing its age, consider replacing. You'll avoid running out of hot water or experiencing a leaking tank! From a variety of tank models to endless hot water with a high efficient tankless water heater PDM can help.
PDM plumbers will restore your hot water comfort fully while keeping your place safe, neat and tidy. You'll receive guaranteed home and commercial hot water heater service.
Lots Of Options For Water Heater Efficiency & Savings
Ask for a free hot water heater estimate over the phone and arrange an installation appointment at a time convenient for you. Any type and any size including:
Check out these additional resources to help you choose the best water heater solutions for your Joliet area home or business:
Same-Day Water Heater Installation
Our same-day service includes hauling away your old tank so you’re left with no mess and no worries – just plenty of hot water. Receive top-quality plumbing service in the greater Joliet, Channahon, Shorewood, Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Homer Glen, Lockport, New Lenox, Frankfort and Tinley Park area - PDM has served your neighborhood for over 135 years!
Contact the water heater professionals since 1885 for fast, safe service.
If you notice that your water heater is leaking, the first thing you should do is turn off the water. There is a dedicated shutoff valve on the pipes that you should be able to turn clockwise to shut off the water. If the valve is broken or you cannot find it, you can turn off the main water to your house. The water heater may continue to leak temporarily depending on where the leak is located.
PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling provides expert water heater repair and replacement services. We are happy to help with any leaks you may have and are available 24/7 for emergencies. Contact us today to speak with one of our highly trained team members!
If you have been having issues with your water heater, there are a few signs that could indicate it is time to replace your unit:
- Age - If your water heater is ten years old or more, it is probably time for a new one. Standard tank storage water heaters are built to last about ten years. To find out how old your water heater is, you can check the serial number. The second and third characters represent the year the unit was manufactured.
- Noises - If your water heater is making banging or loud sounds, most likely sediment has built up at the bottom of the tank and water is having a hard time flowing through the pipes. You can try to drain your tank of the sediment, but if it has hardened you will most likely need a new one.
- Leaks - If your water heater tank is leaking, you will probably need a replacement. Make sure that if there is a leak, it is not one of the connections or fittings to the tank, which are easy repairs.
On average, you can expect to pay around $200 - $400 to repair a standard tank hot water heater. Some common repairs to water heaters include:
- Replacing thermostat.
- Replacing heating element.
- Repair thermocouple.
- Repair connections or fittings that could be leaking.
For more information on water heater repairs, or to schedule a service, contact PDM today!
This issue can be broken down into two common problems: not having enough hot water and having to wait a long time for the hot water to come back. Here are the answers to help with these two issues:
- Not enough hot water. Check the thermostat setting, it may be set too low. But be careful, a hotter setting can lead to scalding within seconds. Check the dip tube, if the dip tube has broken or fallen off, incoming cold water will be drawn out through the hot water outlet without being heated. Other possible causes are clogged burners and low gas pressure. If you have an older water heater, scale build-up can also be a problem.
Slow hot water recovery. Sediment buildup in the bottom of the water heater tank is a likely cause; flushing the water heater may help. Another cause could be insufficient combustion air caused by insufficient ventilation, a clogged flue (could be dangerous and allow carbon monoxide poisoning) or improper burner operation.
The precise cost depends on the problems you're having, the time it takes to fix them, and other factors. Here are some of the most frequent problems with water heaters that consumers encounter and their approximate cost:
- A replacement dip tube costs approximately $10 on average, and having it properly fixed can cost up to $150.
- A new pressure relief valve costs around $20, and repairs can cost up to $200.
- It's suggested that you replace your anode rod every five years or so, which will cost you around $20 to $50.
To replace an existing water heater, virtually all cities and counties require a building permit. Because standards have changed, a new water heater should be installed in accordance with current regulations for safety reasons. Many things can go wrong when a water heater is installed incorrectly. For instance, it is possible for a water heater to explode if it is placed without a T&P valve (temperature and pressure relief valve). Because people have died as a result of this, it is critical that a water heater be built and installed appropriately.
Hot Water Heater Repair Near Me
When it makes sense to do so, PDM certified plumbers will repair all water heaters. If you are experiencing any of these signs PDM definitely can help to get your hot water flowing again.
But sometimes, a repair won’t cut it, and you need a new unit. PDM Plumbing offers only the best brands in the industry for your replacement needs.
Check out these hot water heater maintenance FAQs for more information.
Tankless Or Traditional Tank Heater Installation
Thoughtful. Innovative. Built to last. Avoid an expensive, messy water leak and no hot water by replacing your water heater before it leaks. If your tank is over 10 years old you should consider replacing. You’ll love taking a sparkling fresh shower or bath with your new, soothing, high efficiency gas or electric hot water heater. Enjoy more hot water to remove aches, pains and dirt in minutes.
Time to Upgrade to a Tankless Water Heater?
- Never run out of hot water - On demand tankless water heater.
- Better value than a tank - Lasts up to twice as long, have twice the warranty, and save energy as you only heat water when it is needed.
- Save Valuable Space - Small and mighty, the suitcase-sized wall units fit in tight, out of the way spaces, freeing up more usable living area in your home.
- Learn more
Our replacement includes:
Don't Invite Just Anyone
No matter how big or small the hot water job is, the experts at PDM would be more than happy to help in any way we can!
PDM Plumbers are specialists, not a jack of all trades. Your professional plumber is certified, licensed, fully insured, background checked and has random drug testing for your protection. We wear shoe covers, mask and gloves to protect you. Plus we’ll text or email you a photo and bio of your plumber so you know exactly who’s coming into your home.