Delivering More Than Just Hot Water.
Fast Water Heater Repair & Installation Near Me.
Do you find sparrows around a pool of water beneath your water heater? As the oldest water heater problem-solver around we'd love to stop the leak and get hot water flowing again. Neat PDM plumbers will test your water heater top-to-bottom to learn what needs fixing, what needs maintaining & what can wait.
Experiencing any of the signs below? The neighborhood water heater king can help.
Professional Water Heater Advice And Installation. Save $50.
Top picked water heaters for your replacement needs. Receive state-of-the-art radiant burner, energy efficient, Hydrojet® self-cleaning tank, fast recovery, Defender Safety System,® brass drain valve - not plastic, limited tank and parts warranty from 6 to 10 years.
At PDM we know every building is unique and so is the water usage and general needs. We work with you to find the right guaranteed residential and commercial hot water heater solution.
Lower energy usage with a new efficient model and save with a $50 OFF installation coupon.
Simple Solutions, Honest Answers.
Same-day water heater installation is available Monday-Friday if you request install before noon and live within 25 miles of Joliet. Any water heater type and any size including:
We also offer a complimentary service to clean your chimney base debris. We’ll help ensure sufficient draft upstream to remove potentially deadly gases.
Common Hot Water Questions.
If your heater is in the basement and a drain nearby it is less worrisome. The first thing to do is turn off the water flowing into the tank. There is a dedicated shutoff valve on the pipes that you should be able to turn clockwise to shut off the water. If the valve is broken or you cannot find it, you can turn off the main water to your house. The water heater may continue to leak temporarily depending on where the leak is located.
PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Since 1885 provides expert water heater repair and replacement services. We are happy to help with any leaks you may have and are available for emergencies. Contact us today to speak with one of our highly trained team members!
If you have been having issues with your water heater, there are a few signs that could indicate it is time to replace your unit:
- Age - If your water heater is ten years old or more, it is probably time for a new one. Standard tank storage water heaters are built to last about ten years. To find out how old your water heater is, you can check the serial number. The second and third characters represent the year the unit was manufactured.
- Noises - If your water heater is making banging or loud sounds, most likely sediment has built up at the bottom of the tank and water is having a hard time flowing through the pipes. You can try to drain your tank of the sediment, but if it has hardened you will most likely need a new one.
- Leaks - If your water heater tank is leaking, you will probably need a replacement. Make sure that if there is a leak, it is not one of the connections or fittings to the tank, which are easy repairs.
On average, you can expect to pay around $200 - $400 to repair a standard tank hot water heater. Some common repairs to water heaters include:
- Replacing thermostat.
- Replacing heating element.
- Repair thermocouple.
- Repair connections or fittings that could be leaking.
For more information on water heater repairs, or to schedule a service, contact PDM today!
This issue can be broken down into two common problems: not having enough hot water and having to wait a long time for the hot water to come back. Here are the answers to help with these two issues:
- Not enough hot water. Check the thermostat setting, it may be set too low. But be careful, a hotter setting can lead to scalding within seconds. Check the dip tube, if the dip tube has broken or fallen off, incoming cold water will be drawn out through the hot water outlet without being heated. Other possible causes are clogged burners and low gas pressure. If you have an older water heater, scale build-up can also be a problem.
Slow hot water recovery. Sediment buildup in the bottom of the water heater tank is a likely cause; flushing the water heater may help. Another cause could be insufficient combustion air caused by insufficient ventilation, a clogged flue (could be dangerous and allow carbon monoxide poisoning) or improper burner operation.
The precise cost depends on the problems you're having, the time it takes to fix them, and other factors. Here are some of the most frequent problems with water heaters that consumers encounter and their approximate cost:
- A replacement dip tube costs approximately $10 on average, and having it properly fixed can cost up to $150.
- A new pressure relief valve costs around $20, and repairs can cost up to $200.
- It's suggested that you replace your anode rod every five years or so, which will cost you around $20 to $50.
To replace an existing water heater, virtually all cities and counties require a building permit. Because standards have changed, a new water heater should be installed in accordance with current regulations for safety reasons. Many things can go wrong when a water heater is installed incorrectly. For instance, it is possible for a water heater to explode if it is placed without a T&P valve (temperature and pressure relief valve). Because people have died as a result of this, it is critical that a water heater be built and installed appropriately.
Time to Upgrade to a Tankless Water Heater?
- Never run out of hot water - On demand tankless water heater.
- Better value than a tank - Lasts up to twice as long, have twice the warranty, and save energy as you only heat water when it is needed.
- Save Valuable Space - Small and mighty, the suitcase-sized wall units fit in tight, out of the way spaces, freeing up more usable living area in your home.
- Financing starts at $70 per month.
- Learn more
Will You Invite Just Anyone?
Will you give your keys to your plumber? Our clients have for 138 years. No matter how big or small the hot water job is, the experts at PDM would be more than happy to help in any way we can!
PDM Plumbers are specialists, not a jack of all trades. Your professional plumber is certified, licensed, fully insured, background checked and has random drug testing for your protection. We wear shoe covers and gloves to protect you. Plus we’ll text or email you a photo and bio of your plumber so you know exactly who’s coming into your home.