This time being in hot water is a good thing.
PDM keeps you comfortable and answers all your questions and concerns about water heaters repair or installation. We want to give you an honest evaluation of your best water heater options.
Because water heaters are more energy efficient, a PDM plumber can help you select a water heater that lowers utility bills and gives you extra hot water in your home. From a standard tank water heater to endless hot water with an efficient tankless water heater.
This month, save $50 on your new water heater installation from PDM Plumbers. After all, you don't want to run out of hot water!
PDM plumbers will restore your hot water comfort fully while keeping your place safe, neat and tidy. You'll receive guaranteed home and commercial hot water heaters repair, replacement or maintenance.
If you are in need of a replacement or new installation, give us a call. We would be happy to provide you with an estimate over the phone, and arrange an installation appointment at a time convenient for you. Any type and any size including:
- Standard atmospheric gas heater with Hydrojet® to reduce costly sediment buildup.
- Power vent is ENERGY STAR® - greatly lower the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Direct vent draws air for combustion from outside your home rather than inside.
- Indirect if you’re using a boiler to heat your home - efficient and fast recovery.
- Electric gives you outstanding performance with single and double element models.
- Heat pump electric offers high efficiency, with four modes (Heat Pump, Hybrid, Electric, Vacation).
- Tankless water heater - endless hot water value and benefits at the point of use or the whole home.
- Swimming pool heater service - PDM helps you swim faster too!
Our same-day hot water installation service includes hauling away your old unit so you’re left with no mess and no worries – just plenty of hot water. Receive top-quality water heater service in the greater Joliet, Channahon, Shorewood, Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Homer Glen, Lockport, New Lenox, Frankfort and Tinley Park area for 136 years.
Contact The Water Heater King Since 1885. Call 815-726-6264.
"Anthony was awesome! He came on time, fixed the issue with my water heater and showed me how to flush it too." - David L.
If you notice that your water heater is leaking, the first thing you should do is turn off the water. There is a dedicated shutoff valve on the pipes that you should be able to turn clockwise to shut off the water. If the valve is broken or you cannot find it, you can turn off the main water to your house. The water heater may continue to leak temporarily depending on where the leak is located.
PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling provides expert water heater repair and replacement services. We are happy to help with any leaks you may have and are available 24/7 for emergencies. Contact us today to speak with one of our highly trained team members!
If you have been having issues with your water heater, there are a few signs that could indicate it is time to replace your unit:
- Age - If your water heater is ten years old or more, it is probably time for a new one. Standard tank storage water heaters are built to last about ten years. To find out how old your water heater is, you can check the serial number. The second and third characters represent the year the unit was manufactured.
- Noises - If your water heater is making banging or loud sounds, most likely sediment has built up at the bottom of the tank and water is having a hard time flowing through the pipes. You can try to drain your tank of the sediment, but if it has hardened you will most likely need a new one.
- Leaks - If your water heater tank is leaking, you will probably need a replacement. Make sure that if there is a leak, it is not one of the connections or fittings to the tank, which are easy repairs.
On average, you can expect to pay around $200 - $400 to repair a standard tank hot water heater. Some common repairs to water heaters include:
- Replacing thermostat.
- Replacing heating element.
- Repair thermocouple.
- Repair connections or fittings that could be leaking.
For more information on water heater repairs, or to schedule a service, contact PDM today!
When it makes sense to do so PDM certified plumbers will repair all water heaters. If you are experiencing any of these signs PDM definitely can help to get your hot water flowing again.
- Leaking water from your tank
- Banging/rumbling sounds when you run the hot water.
- Unpleasant odor from the hot water tap.
- Water heater tripping the breaker.
- Unreliable hot water.
- Lukewarm water.
- Rusty water.
But sometimes, a repair won’t cut it, and you need a new unit. PDM Plumbing offers only the best brands in the industry for your replacement needs.
Thoughtful. Innovative. Built to last.
Avoid an expensive, messy water leak and no hot water by replacing your water heater before it leaks. If your tank is over 10 years old you can consider replacing.
You’ll love taking a sparkling fresh shower or bath with your new, soothing, high efficiency gas or electric hot water heater. Enjoy more hot water to remove aches, pains and dirt in minutes.
Our replacement includes:
- Safety first. Your PDM plumber will protect you and your place with thoughtful actions and clean up.
- Top-notch installation, making sure it complies with local safety code and looks great.
- Custom copper pipe soldering in a beautiful design…NO cheap, ugly, flexible water pipe.
- Change of any parts needed within 3′ of your water heater. No add-on charges like some have.
- Made in the USA, self cleaning water heater for longer life and hotter water.
- Six (6) year limited warranty on tank and parts only. Extend residential limited warranty for two or four additional years on the component parts and glass-lined tank.
- FREE removal of your old tank for a greener planet. We'll leave the area clean and neat.
We also offer a complimentary service to clean your chimney base debris. We’ll help ensure sufficient draft upstream to remove potentially deadly gases.
No matter how big or small the hot water job is, the experts at PDM would be more than happy to help in any way we can!
PDM Plumbers are specialists, not a jack of all trades. Your professional plumber is certified, licensed, fully insured, background checked and has random drug testing for your protection. We wear shoe covers, mask, and gloves to protect you. Plus we’ll text or email you a photo and bio of your plumber so you know exactly who’s coming into your home.
Get your local NEAT freaks on the job:
- Neighborly—We’re always kind and pleasant.
- Environmentally friendly and use sustainable materials.
- Always respectful and clean up our messes.
- Trusted across the Joliet SW Chicago area since 1885.