Quick Water Heater Repair, Maintenance
PDM has specialized in fast hot water heater repairs since 1885! Experienced licensed plumbers safely repair and maintain heaters.
Even with a life expectancy of 8-12 years, repairs do appear. 20 years ago manufacturer parts were mostly interchangeable. Today many water heaters require parts specific to the brand and model and may have to be ordered directly from the manufacturer after a diagnosis is complete.
We found over the years, pilot light repairs have increased and even gas burners under warranty. The good news is we usually perform a repair instead of having to replace the entire unit. For fast repair service call 815-726-6264.
Energy Efficient Water Heaters Installation Reduces Your Impact On The Environment
Lower energy usage also lessens the impact on the environment by reducing your carbon footprint. And, it definitely makes an impact. Based on the Bradford White ENERGY STAR® water heaters installed just in the last year, it’s saving the equivalent green house gas emissions of almost 5,000 automobiles!
We fill a 30 or a 100 gallon water heater storage tank daily, then every year pour $400 to $600 of energy into them 24/7 to have hot water when wanted. From a variety of tank models to endless hot water with a high efficient tankless water heater PDM can help.
This Month, Online Saving Of $50 Off On A New Installation.
Proactive clients replace water heaters before they spring a costly, messy leak or lose hot water during a shower. If your heater is showing its age, consider replacing. You'll avoid running out of hot water or experiencing a leaking tank!
PDM plumbers will restore your hot water comfort fully while keeping your place safe, neat and tidy. You'll receive guaranteed home and commercial hot water heaters service.
"Anthony was awesome! He came on time, fixed the issue with my water heater and showed me how to flush it too." - David L.
Lots Of Options For Efficiency And Savings
Ask for a free hot heater estimate over the phone and arrange an installation appointment at a time convenient for you. Any type and any size including:
- Standard atmospheric with Hydrojet® to reduce costly sediment buildup.
- Power vent is ENERGY STAR® - greatly lower the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Direct vent draws air for combustion from outside your home rather than inside.
- Indirect if you’re using a boiler to heat your home - efficient and fast recovery.
- Electric gives you outstanding performance with single and double element models.
- Heat pump electric offers high efficiency, with four modes (Heat Pump, Hybrid, Electric, Vacation).
- Smart tankless water heater - endless hot water value and benefits at the point of use or the whole home.
- Swimming pool heater service - PDM helps you swim faster too!
- What to do with rusty water
- How to prevent or thaw frozen pipe
- Best hot water installation
- Water heater FAQ
Same-Day Water Heater Installation
Our same-day service includes hauling away your old tank so you’re left with no mess and no worries – just plenty of hot water. Receive top-quality plumbing service in the greater Joliet, Channahon, Shorewood, Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Homer Glen, Lockport, New Lenox, Frankfort and Tinley Park area for 136 years.
Contact The Water Heater King Since 1885 for fast, safe service.
If you notice that your water heater is leaking, the first thing you should do is turn off the water. There is a dedicated shutoff valve on the pipes that you should be able to turn clockwise to shut off the water. If the valve is broken or you cannot find it, you can turn off the main water to your house. The water heater may continue to leak temporarily depending on where the leak is located.
PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling provides expert water heater repair and replacement services. We are happy to help with any leaks you may have and are available 24/7 for emergencies. Contact us today to speak with one of our highly trained team members!
If you have been having issues with your water heater, there are a few signs that could indicate it is time to replace your unit:
- Age - If your water heater is ten years old or more, it is probably time for a new one. Standard tank storage water heaters are built to last about ten years. To find out how old your water heater is, you can check the serial number. The second and third characters represent the year the unit was manufactured.
- Noises - If your water heater is making banging or loud sounds, most likely sediment has built up at the bottom of the tank and water is having a hard time flowing through the pipes. You can try to drain your tank of the sediment, but if it has hardened you will most likely need a new one.
- Leaks - If your water heater tank is leaking, you will probably need a replacement. Make sure that if there is a leak, it is not one of the connections or fittings to the tank, which are easy repairs.
On average, you can expect to pay around $200 - $400 to repair a standard tank hot water heater. Some common repairs to water heaters include:
- Replacing thermostat.
- Replacing heating element.
- Repair thermocouple.
- Repair connections or fittings that could be leaking.
For more information on water heater repairs, or to schedule a service, contact PDM today!
This issue can be broken down into two common problems: not having enough hot water and having to wait a long time for the hot water to come back. Here are the answers to help with these two issues:
- Not enough hot water. Check the thermostat setting, it may be set too low. But be careful, a hotter setting can lead to scalding within seconds. Check the dip tube, if the dip tube has broken or fallen off, incoming cold water will be drawn out through the hot water outlet without being heated. Other possible causes are clogged burners and low gas pressure. If you have an older water heater, scale build-up can also be a problem.
Slow hot water recovery. Sediment buildup in the bottom of the water heater tank is a likely cause; flushing the water heater may help. Another cause could be insufficient combustion air caused by insufficient ventilation, a clogged flue (could be dangerous and allow carbon monoxide poisoning) or improper burner operation.
The precise cost depends on the problems you're having, the time it takes to fix them, and other factors. Here are some of the most frequent problems with water heaters that consumers encounter and their approximate cost:
- A replacement dip tube costs approximately $10 on average, and having it properly fixed can cost up to $150.
- A new pressure relief valve costs around $20, and repairs can cost up to $200.
- It's suggested that you replace your anode rod every five years or so, which will cost you around $20 to $50.
To replace an existing water heater, virtually all cities and counties require a building permit. Because standards have changed, a new water heater should be installed in accordance with current regulations for safety reasons. Many things can go wrong when a water heater is installed incorrectly. For instance, it is possible for a water heater to explode if it is placed without a T&P valve (temperature and pressure relief valve). Because people have died as a result of this, it is critical that a water heater be built and installed appropriately.
When it makes sense to do so, PDM certified plumbers will repair all water heaters. If you are experiencing any of these signs PDM definitely can help to get your hot water flowing again.
- Leaking water from your tank
- Banging/rumbling sounds when you run the hot water.
- Unpleasant odor from the hot water tap.
- Water heater tripping the breaker.
- Unreliable hot water.
- Lukewarm water.
- Rusty water.
But sometimes, a repair won’t cut it, and you need a new unit. PDM Plumbing offers only the best brands in the industry for your replacement needs.
Thoughtful. Innovative. Built to last.
Avoid an expensive, messy water leak and no hot water by replacing your water heater before it leaks. If your tank is over 10 years old you can consider replacing.
You’ll love taking a sparkling fresh shower or bath with your new, soothing, high efficiency gas or electric hot water heater. Enjoy more hot water to remove aches, pains and dirt in minutes.
Our replacement includes:
- Safety first. Your PDM plumber will protect you and your place with thoughtful actions and clean up.
- Top-notch installation, making sure it complies with local safety code and looks great.
- Custom copper pipe soldering in a beautiful design…NO cheap, ugly, flexible water pipe.
- Change of any parts needed within 3′ of your water heater. No add-on charges like some have.
- Made in the USA, self cleaning water heater for longer life and hotter water.
- Six (6) year limited warranty on tank and parts only. Extend residential limited warranty for two or four additional years on the component parts and glass-lined tank.
- FREE removal of your old tank for a greener planet. We'll leave the area clean and neat.
We also offer a complimentary service to clean your chimney base debris. We’ll help ensure sufficient draft upstream to remove potentially deadly gases.
No matter how big or small the hot water job is, the experts at PDM would be more than happy to help in any way we can!
PDM Plumbers are specialists, not a jack of all trades. Your professional plumber is certified, licensed, fully insured, background checked and has random drug testing for your protection. We wear shoe covers, mask, and gloves to protect you. Plus we’ll text or email you a photo and bio of your plumber so you know exactly who’s coming into your home.
Get your local NEAT freaks on the job:
- Neighborly—We’re always kind and pleasant.
- Environmentally friendly and use sustainable materials.
- Always respectful and clean up our messes.
- Trusted across the Joliet SW Chicago area since 1885.