Life is happier when you’re comfortable. Your house will be cleaner! Your teeth will be whiter! You will sing better! Prepare to be amazed with the oldest heating and cooling contractor.
That's why choosing a trusted HVAC company is so important. It’s not just about getting your heating and cooling system fixed, serviced or replaced; it’s about getting the full service experience you deserve. We care. If there is a problem we have your back.
PDM offers a range of the latest eco-friendly furnaces, boilers, air conditioners, rooftop, you name it, we service all makes for 136 years.
Contact The Good Guys at PDM for quick service today. (815) 726-6264.
"Dan is the man. Quick and efficient." - AG Transfer in Elwood
A new air conditioning unit will cost on average between $3,500 - $10,000. The price depends on:
- Size of the house.
- Type of unit.
- Any ductwork to repair/replace.
PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling can answer any air conditioner questions you may have. We have served the Joliet area for 136 years and pride ourselves on our expertise in all things AC. Call us today at (815) 726-6264 for a free quote!
A homeowner in the Joliet area can expect their heating and cooling system to last between 10 - 15 years. To extend the life of your HVAC, make sure to:
- Schedule regular maintenance - Your unit should be inspected by professionals twice a year; once for heating and once for cooling to clean and reset to factory specs for safe, efficient operation.
- Not overwork the unit in times of extreme cold/heat - When temperatures reach into the 90s, for example, setting your AC at 60 degrees will overwork the unit and may decrease its lifespan. And it won’t actually cool any faster!
- Change filters regularly - Dust and debris can build up over time and clog the unit, cause a breakdown and other expensive problems down the line.
To schedule AC maintenance, contact The Good Guys at PDM Plumbing Heating, Cooling Since 1885 at (815) 726-6264.
There are a number of potential reasons your air conditioner stopped working:
- Clogged air filter - In extreme cases, clogged filters can stop an AC unit from working by completely blocking airflow. Cold air that cannot be recirculated in the house will freeze the evaporator coils, causing a unit failure.
- Mechanical issues - Your unit is made up of components that could malfunction and stop the whole unit from working. For example, a broken fan motor will prevent the unit from getting rid of the heat, causing a shutdown.
- Dirty condenser - If your outside unit is covered with debris, the condenser coil has to work much harder to cool the house and could cause a system failure.
- Breaker is tripped - Sometimes your AC won’t turn on is simply because the circuit breaker has been tripped. This could be a sign that your equipment is drawing too much electricity. If the breaker keeps tripping contact a professional to check why.
As we have been handling air conditioning problems for the Joliet, IL area for 136 years, we’ve seen just about everything. Call PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling for any AC problems or questions you might have. We offer free quotes and advice on all things AC. You can reach us at (815) 726-6264.
It's as easy as one, two, three.
- Tell us everything you have concerns about.
- Let us take a look.
- Get a spot-on diagnosis and upfront price.
From there, we'll provide you with a thorough, neat and clean solution.
If you are going to trust someone to come into your home – to come inside where everything you love is – you want to be sure the person you are letting in is of a quality caliber. They should feel trustworthy, kind and courteous. They should be knowledgeable.
That's why PDM has had such great success for over 136 years. We'd like to show you how we can apply our expertise to your situation and turn it around completely. Speak to The Good Guys at PDM today—We'll feel like a long-lost friend: (815) 726-6264.