Air Conditioning Tune-Ups For Joliet & SW Chicago Suburbs
PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Since 1885Rated 4.9 out of 910 reviews
What's the number one cause of AC failure? Dirt and neglect, two things that are absolutely preventable. AC maintenance is an important part of keeping your air conditioning up and running and avoiding failure. Even when your AC is working and doesn't show any noticeable problems, performing regular maintenance on your unit can help detect small, hidden problems that could become bigger issues down the line. Spotting these smaller things quickly can help to save you money on unnecessary repairs in the future.
At PDM we believe your comfort should be guaranteed. Our team can perform regular AC maintenance and AC tune-ups that will help your air conditioner run more efficiently and make sure it lasts longer. Sign up for our Family HVAC Maintenance Plan and you can be sure your air conditioning (and furnace) will always be ready to go when you need it.
Our Air Conditioning Maintenance Service
At PDM, we always have your satisfaction in mind, and no concern is ever too big or small for us. Our team of professionals can help you:
Enjoy Consistent, Quality Heating & Cooling With Our Maintenance Plans!
That's just the start. Your HVAC system is one of the single biggest investments you'll make in your home, so it's vital that you take care of it. A regular AC maintenance plan is the most important step you can take to that end.
Why Choose PDM For Your AC Maintenance Needs?
How many companies do you know that have been around for 137 years? We couldn't get that far without doing quality work, taking care of our clients and standing behind every promise we make. Our technicians are members of the community too, and they are committed to taking care of their neighbors. We always leave your home just the way we found it, and do all of our work in a safe and environmentally friendly way. Too many companies emphasize quantity of work over quality, but we never will.
Put Your AC Maintenance In Good Hands Today
The longer your system goes without needed AC maintenance, the more risk you run of having a major breakdown that could not only hurt your comfort but also your wallet. Don't take the chance! Send us a message online or give us a call at 815-726-6264 to schedule your appointment today!
Yes, AC maintenance is necessary. The number one cause of higher utility bills and breakdowns is neglect and dirt in your HVAC system. If you do not have your AC unit maintained, the following can happen:
- Your AC unit will cool your home less efficiently.
- Dirty fan blades can slow down your fan’s speed and strain its motor.
- Your AC unit’s coils can become corroded and break down.
- Your AC unit’s warranty can be voided.
When you consider everything that can go wrong when you do not have your AC unit regularly serviced, it’s clear that a maintenance plan from a trusted professional is well worth the investment. When you get your AC unit serviced by us, a PDM tech will clean, adjust, calibrate and reset the finer points to factory specs. To learn more about our AC maintenance plans, contact us today.
When your AC unit is freezing up, something has altered your system that cools your evaporator coil more than it should, causing the unit to freeze up. Your air conditioning unit may be freezing up because:
- Your AC unit has blocked or low air flow.
- Your AC unit is being used too frequently.
- Your AC unit has broken parts.
- Your AC unit is poorly maintained.
- Your AC unit has low refrigerant levels.
This problem won’t go away and can damage your AC unit’s compressor. You should check your air filter to see if it is clogged or dirty. You may find the problem is simply due to a dirty filter, which can block over 60 percent of the air flow and stress your system. Replace the air filter or remove it and see if cooling returns. You should let the frozen refrigerant lines thaw first before using the AC. If the problem persists, you may need to have your AC unit repaired by an HVAC technician. To get your AC unit repaired, call us today.
Your air conditioner may be making a noise due to damaged ducts, a clogged air filter, fan problems, coil damage, loose parts, faulty motor bearings and belts and even electrical issues. Some noises your air conditioner may make include:
- A squeaking, squealing or screeching noise - can be due to an issue with the compressor, fan motor, bearings or damaged blower belts.
- A loud buzzing noise - is usually due to an electrical problem.
- A clicking sound - can mean your system relays or contractors are failing.
- A humming or rattling fan motor noise - can indicate that your AC unit needs to be cleaned, has a worn-out part or has bent or shifted blades.
- A banging, whining or whistling noise - can signal poor airflow problems related to leaky air ducts or a clogged air filter.
- A hissing noise - is usually due to a refrigerant leak.
- Shaking and rattling noise - can be caused by loose air conditioner parts related to air movement.
- Constant running noise - can be due to bent outdoor coil fins.
If your air conditioner is making a noise, but you cannot diagnose or repair the problem yourself, you should have an HVAC technician diagnose and repair your AC unit for you. To get your AC unit repaired, give us a call today.