Dry Winter Air Increases Heating Bills
Dry winter air makes you feel colder at normal temperatures leading you to turn up the thermostat. Air that captures more moisture can maintain more heat, which means it will feel warmer. Most humidifiers can deliver anywhere between 12-18 gallons of water per day into the air.
Humidifiers makes your home warmer allowing you to lower heating bills 1 to 3 percent for every one degree you lower the thermostat.
Whole house humidifiers are an easy way to stay healthy, add comfort and lower heating costs this winter. Ask the PDM Comfort Team for whole home humidifier options. (815) 726-6264.
Humidifiers Improve Your Immune System
Happiness is a healthy body. You walk taller. Breathe deeper. And have fresher breath. Be prepared for healthy whole home humidifier service from PDM Heating Since 1885.
Naturally you feel dry air in the wettest parts of your body first. Your sinuses, throat, eyes and skin dry out making you uncomfortable. Dry nostrils can crack and give you a nosebleed.
Your body stays healthy at around 35% relative humidity. At 10 degrees outside your home’s indoor relative humidity can be in the single digits with dry warm air from your furnace.
Scorched Sinuses, Itchy Skin
- Did you know your sinus cavities are protected by paper thin and fragile mucous membranes?
- Mucus keeps them pliable. When dry, they crack allowing germs and sickness a direct channel into the bloodstream.
- That’s a real problem in winter, when bacteria and viruses linger longer in the dry air after someone coughs or sneezes or touches a doorknob.
- Mucus’ job is to wash viruses and other icky invaders found in your nose and sinus into a little opening at the back of your throat, your uvula.
- That’s where mucus from sinus cavities drains into your stomach allowing acids to kill the germs.
Your Body Furnace Regulates Temperature
Body temperature is controlled by secreting moisture from perspiration, which evaporates, absorbing heat from your skin. The dryer the air, the faster evaporation and quicker your body cools.
When it’s cold you feel chilly and turn up the furnace thermostat, drying the air even more causing your body to evaporate moisture and the cooler you feel. Your furnace then kicks up clouds of dust, pollen, and other allergens that can inflame your sinuses and airways.
For some people with asthma, cold and dry air can lead to a narrowing of breathing passages and trigger an attack. Aprilaire humidifier shows you more.
What are you breathing? Reduce risk of allergies and airborne infectious disease, including COVID-19. Learn about the latest air purifying system.
- Improve Immune System - Your sinus is protected by paper thin and fragile mucous membranes. When dry, they crack, allowing flu, cold and other germs a direct channel into your bloodstream. Plus, dryness can cause a bloody nose. The best humidifiers provide immune system protection.
- Lower Heating Bills - Moisture regulates body temperature. When perspiration evaporates, it absorbs heat from your skin. The dryer the air, the quicker your body cools. Then, when chilly, you turn up the furnace thermostat, drying the air even more. A whole home humidifier allows you to lower the temperature and save. Each degree lower you set the thermostat can save 4%.
- Preservation - Central humidifiers helps prevent cracks and damage to wooden floors and furniture, pianos or other wood instruments, leather furniture and even walls.
- Effective virus protection - Keeping indoor humidity between 30-60% to minimizes virus survival rates.
According to the Mayo Clinic, proper humidity helps skin problems as well as symptoms associated with asthma, allergies, and other breathing problems. But humidifiers can make you sick if they are not properly maintained, or if your home’s humidity level is high.
We clean parts, clean the water reservoir, check for clogged drain, check water panel filter, test humidistat.
Cleaning and maintaining your furnace and whole house humidifier improves your immune system, adds comfort and lowers heating bills up to 4% for every degree lower you set the thermostat. Contact PDM today for top quality whole home humidifier maintenance. Call (815) 726-6264.
PDM has been your home comfort expert in the greater Joliet area since 1885. As a family owned company, we are big enough to serve you and small enough to prioritize honesty and integrity.
Our friendly and knowledgeable technicians look forward to repairing, maintaining or installing your whole house humidifier. Your health and comfort is our goal!