Did you know indoor air can be two to five times worse than outside air, according to the Environmental Protection Agency.
PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Since 1885 is your air purification expert. We can help limit pollution sources, ventilate with fresh air, suggest improved air filters and recommend air purifying equipment to clean your air. And you can breathe easy knowing all our work has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.. Here are 7 clean air ideas to help you breathe easier.
1. Air Filtration Systems
Filtration is one successful technique to clean the air that floats through your home and business by capturing particles as air passes through HVAC ductwork. Depending on your needs we recommend Media Air Cleaner – filter 5” thick.
- This whole home media air cleaner can capture airborne microscopic particles like dust and smoke, plus larger contaminants like mold spores and pet dander.
- Pleated media filter is up to 40X more efficient than 1” filters.
- Unlike most 1″ filters, a media filter is surrounded by a solid cabinet that prevents unwanted dirty air infiltration. A lot of 1″ filters aren’t effective because they allow air to go around the sides – defeating the purpose of high MERV values, right?
- Capture airborne microscopic particles that enter the media filter, like dust and smoke, plus larger contaminants such as mold spores and pet dander.
- Maintain high airflow in your HVAC system so it functions at full efficiency.
- Media filters contain over 22SF of media and lasts 6 to12 months.
- Get started with professional installation from the PDM Clean Team.
2. Best Air Purifier
Actively purify your whole house or business by killing mold, bacteria and viruses, as well as reducing allergens, odors, smoke and other particulates in the air with the world’s first self-cleaning, no maintenance air purifier.
- Our air purifying device generates the same ions that nature creates with lightening, waterfalls, ocean waves. Nature uses energy and shear to break apart molecules, naturally cleaning the air and producing a healthy environment. The only difference between the technology and nature is no harmful ozone.
- Break down passing pollutants and gases into harmless compounds like oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and water vapor.
- When ions come in contact with viruses, bacteria or mold, they remove the hydrogen molecules – without them, the pathogens have no source of energy and will die.
- Ions attach to allergens like pollen and other particles, causing them to band together until they are large enough to be caught by your air filter.
- Proven to be the best air purifier on the market.
3. Germicidal UV Light Air Purifying Systems
UV air purifier deactivates the DNA of dust mites, bacteria and other pathogens, destroying their ability to multiply. Reduces air contamination caused by fungus, mold, and viruses and can cleanse surfaces overcome by mold and slime. This energy efficient UV air purifier installs in the HVAC system and does not produce ozone.
In 2012, Duke University Medical Center used UV light to wipe out 97 percent of drug-resistant bacteria in 50 hospital rooms.
4. Whole-Home Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers
Air that is too dry acts like a sponge, soaking up moisture wherever it finds it — typically from woodwork, hardwood floors, furniture, door and window frames, and even skin. Whole-home humidifier reduces incidence of respiratory infections and allergy and asthma symptoms. Minimize formation of bacteria, viruses, fungi, dust mites. Helps reduce heating bills by allowing you to lower thermostat and still feel as warm. Save up to 20% on heating bills by lowering temperature a few degrees. Learn More.
Whole-home dehumidifier. Excess summer humidity adds mold and condensation, and increase energy usage. The Whole Home Dehumidification System evenly removes moisture (some units up to 90 pints a day) from your home for comfortable indoor humidity levels. With quiet and efficient operation, your dehumidifier drains automatically and only requires an air filter change once a year under normal conditions. The unit is attached to your furnace.
5. Ventilation Systems
Installing a ventilation system offers fresher air in your home. You have summer ventilation or winter ventilation choices that eliminates heat loss when running. Some models feature wireless installation and remote control.
6. Duct Cleaning
While dirt and debris accumulate inside your duct systems they can contribute to larger health issues. Powerful vacuum whisks away all dust and debris, preventing a hodgepodge of contaminants from recirculating through your home. We protect your place and clean up when done. Learn More.
7. HVAC Maintenance
Dirt and neglect are the #1 reason for air conditioner failure and wasted energy. Dirty HVAC system adds dust to your ducts and circulates in your air. The truth is your air conditioner and furnace is a dirt collector. Dirt compromises how well your air conditioning and furnace system can perform and your comfort goes down, energy costs go up. Learn more of a PDM AC Tune-up.
6 Signs You Need a Better Air Filtration System
Here are six signs that your home could be enhanced by a filtration system.
- Anyone have asthma or allergies?
- Frequent headaches, or sneezing or congestion?
- Odors in the building?
- Pets that shed?
- Someone who smokes?
- Always dusty, despite routine cleaning?
Many scientific studies have learned respiratory diseases, asthma and other health conditions are linked to bad indoor air quality.
Call the PDM Clean Team for free indoor air purifying advice. Serving SW Joliet-Chicago Suburbs since 1885. Call 815-726-6264 or 630-378-7788.Spa, Swimming Pool Heater Repair & Install » « Water Softener Joliet Metro