Breathe Easier With 7 Air Purification Ideas
Scientific studies have shown respiratory diseases, asthma and other health conditions are linked to bad indoor air quality. PDM air purification experts can help limit pollution sources, ventilate with fresh air, suggest improved air filters and recommend air purifying equipment to clean your air. Breathe easy knowing all our work has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. PDM serves SW Chicago Suburbs including greater Joliet, Bolingbrook, New Lenox, Plainfield, and Homer Glen since 1885.
1. Air Filtration
Air filters primary role is to protect your HVAC system. Second role is to clean the air that floats through your home and business by capturing particles as air passes through HVAC ductwork. Cheap filters catch larger particles and better filters remove smaller particles. Depending on your needs we recommend Media Air Cleaner - with 5” thick air filter.
- This furnace whole home media air cleaner can capture airborne microscopic particles like dust and smoke, plus larger contaminants like mold spores and pet dander.
- Pleated media filter is up to 40X more efficient than 1” filters.
- Unlike most 1" filters, a media filter is surrounded by a solid cabinet that prevents unwanted dirty air infiltration. A lot of 1" filters aren't effective because they allow air to go around the sides - defeating the purpose of high MERV values, right?
- Capture airborne microscopic particles that enter the media filter, like dust and smoke, plus larger contaminants such as mold spores and pet dander.
- Maintain high airflow in your HVAC system so it functions at full efficiency.
- Media filters contain over 22SF of media and lasts 6 to12 months.
- Ask the PDM Clean Team for free air purification ideas to meet your needs.
2. Best Air Purifier
Actively purify your whole home or business by killing mold, bacteria and viruses (including Covid), as well as reducing allergens, odors, smoke and other particulates in the air with the world’s first self-cleaning, no maintenance air purification system.
- Our air purification device generates the same ions that nature creates with lightening, waterfalls, ocean waves. Nature uses energy and shear to break apart molecules, naturally cleaning the air and producing a healthy environment. The only difference between the technology and nature is no harmful ozone.
- Break down passing pollutants and gases into harmless compounds like oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and water vapor.
- When ions come in contact with viruses, bacteria or mold, they remove the hydrogen molecules – without them, the pathogens have no source of energy and will die.
- Ions attach to allergens like pollen and other particles, causing them to band together until they are large enough to be caught by your air filter.
- Proven to be one of the best air purifiers on the market. Learn more.
3. Germicidal UV Light Air Purification Systems
UV air purifier deactivates the DNA of dust mites, bacteria and other pathogens, destroying their ability to multiply. Reduces air contamination caused by fungus, mold, and viruses and can cleanse surfaces overcome by mold and slime. This energy efficient UV air purifier installs in the HVAC system and does not produce ozone.
In 2012, Duke University Medical Center used UV light to wipe out 97 percent of drug-resistant bacteria in 50 hospital rooms.
There are some filters that are very effective at blocking the virus, whereas there are others that provide no protection against the virus. If you have a MERV 8 filter, it will not be able to effectively block the virus. However, filters with a MERV rating of 11 or higher are designed in a way that allows them to block and remove 85-95% of viruses. If you are thinking about getting filters to protect against the virus, contact us today.
Yes, germicidal UV lights can work effectively to reduce and eliminate viruses, bacteria and mold from your home. Germicidal UV lights are most effective when they are installed directly into your HVAC system and positioned strategically to eliminate germs as they circulate through your system. If you are trying to eliminate viruses and pollutants in your home, a germicidal UV light is a great addition to have installed in your HVAC system. To learn more about getting a germicidal UV light installed in your HVAC, contact us today.
Yes, UV air purifiers are worth it. Getting a UV air purifier for your home has many benefits such as:
- It reduces pollutants
- It reduces allergens
- It removes mold
Another thing that makes UV air purifiers a worthwhile investment is that they promote good indoor air quality. Good indoor air quality allows you to live comfortably in your home without having to worry about additional health triggers in your home. To get a UV air purifier, contact us today.
4. Whole-Home Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers
Whole-home humidifier reduces incidence of respiratory infections and allergy and asthma symptoms. Minimizes formation of bacteria, viruses, fungi, dust mites. Helps reduce heating bills by allowing you to lower thermostat and still feel as warm. Save up to 10% on heating bills by lowering temperature a few degrees. Learn More.
Whole-home dehumidifier. Excess summer humidity adds mold and condensation, and increase energy usage. The Whole Home Dehumidification System evenly removes moisture (some units up to 90 pints a day) from your home for comfortable indoor humidity levels. With quiet and efficient operation, your dehumidifier drains automatically and only requires an air filter change once a year under normal conditions. The unit is attached to your furnace.
5. Ventilation Systems
Installing a ventilation system offers fresher air in your home. You have summer ventilation or winter ventilation choices that eliminates heat loss when running. Some models feature wireless installation and remote control.
6. Duct Cleaning
While dirt and debris accumulate inside your duct systems they can contribute to larger health issues. Powerful vacuum whisks away all dust and debris, preventing a hodgepodge of contaminants from recirculating through your home. We protect your place and clean up when done. Learn more about PDM duct cleaning.
7. HVAC Maintenance
Dirt and neglect are the #1 reason for air conditioner failure and wasted energy. Dirty HVAC system adds dust to your ducts and circulates in your air. The truth is your air conditioner and furnace is a dirt collector. Dirt compromises how well your air conditioning and furnace system can perform. As your comfort goes down, energy costs go up. Learn more of our AC Tune-up. Or a furnace tune-up.