Stay Safe And Cut Energy Bills With A PDM Furnace Tune Up.
Household natural gas prices are expected to rise by as much as 17% this winter. Annual furnace maintenance helps lower utility bills, prevent unwanted furnace breakdown, avoid unsafe furnace or boiler operation and keep your furnace manufacturer’s warranty active. Order a furnace tune-up today.
Your Furnace Can Degrade 3% Every Year.
When components start to degrade your system works harder to produce the same result. Stresses caused by dirt and neglect during the thousands of starts every year cause parts to wear out. Worst yet, your furnace life shortens and you spend more on utility bills.
The Truth Is Your Furnace Is A Dirt Collector.
Real dirt is the # 1 cause of higher utility bills and furnace breakdowns. Dirt compromises how well your system can perform. A furnace also forms rust over time, fittings get loose and electrical components weaken after starting thousands of times a year. In fact, 80% of all HVAC repairs could have been prevented with routine heating maintenance. Regular heating maintenance keeps you warranty active.
Shine A Light On Dirty Threats.
A knowledgeable, kind-a-neat-freak PDM heating furnace maintenance tech will adjust, calibrate and reset the finer points to factory specs. Annual heating maintenance gives you peace of mind and a safe night’s sleep.
Save More With Annual HVAC Service Agreement.
- 25% discount on HVAC Tune-up
- 25% discount on any service all
- 5% discount on any repair
- Priority service
- Lower utility bills and more
Call 815-726-6464 or 630-378-4488 for Safe, Efficient Heating Furnace Tune up.
Furnace Maintenance Checklist.
- Blower Door Safety Switch – Prevents the fan blower from operating if the door is opened.
- Fuel System – Inspect, test gas piping, emergency shut off.
- Gas Valve – Adjusts heating output based on demand.
- Gas Pressure – Measure rated and actual gas pressure.
- Gas Leaks – Inspect for potential threat of fire or explosion.
- Gas Burners – Dirt, rust causes poor combustion, increases monthly utility bill up to 15%. Brush the burner surface to break off hardened pieces of dust and rust while vacuuming.
- Proper Combustion – Must be adequate and from a safe source.
- Combustion Air Inlet – Enables air to reach the burners.
- Combustion Condensation – Water vapor produced during combustion.
- Flame Sensor – Safety control turns gas valve/burner on-off.
- Ignition System – Ignites gas burners; weak part can shut down your heating system.
- Transformer – Power regulation is required for safety and efficiency. Changes the voltage of the input power to a different voltage for use within various furnace systems.
- Pressure Switch – Safety control shuts off power to igniter if it senses negative pressure created by the draft inducer motor. Also guards against gas leaks and prevents the furnace from cycling if there’s a mechanical failure. Test for proper operation.
- Heat Anticipator – Fine-tunes the point at which the thermostat turns off the furnace burners. For example, if the furnace is cycling on and off too often this may be the cause. Calibrate to proper setting.
- Electrical, Wiring Connections – With the furnace starting thousands of times a year, loose wiring can short out the heating system. Tightening wires and checking connections may help prevent malfunctions and the need for costly repairs. Inspect for safe operation.
- Thermostat Operation – Can cause a heating breakdown and waste energy. Low-voltage thermostats are powered by a transformer that reduces the incoming line voltage from 120 volts down to a level between 12 and 24 volts, depending on your furnace. Inspect thermostat for safe operation.
- Blower – Once your furnace heats the air, the blower motor is responsible for turning a fan to circulate that warm air out of the furnace and into your home. Blower ensures your home reaches your thermostat temperature setting.
- Blower Capacitor – Works like a battery. It stores the extra energy needed to kick the blower into action. Check Rated and Actual amps.
- Blower Temperature Sensor Control Safety Switch – Controls when the blower runs or turns off depending on the air temperature within the furnace. A high limit setting turns off the burner if the furnace overheats to dangerous temperatures.
- Blower Motor & Bearings – Can cause no heat. Clean, lubricate.
- Blower Motor Volts-Amperage – check rated and actual amps.
- Blower Wheel, Blower Belt – Can cause motor breakdown and work less efficiency. Inspect for any sign of damage.
- Combustion Inducer Blower or Combustion Fan Ventor – Draws air through the furnace’s combustion passageway to improve efficiency and to allow thorough heat transfer. A well maintained combustion inducer blower extends the life of the furnace. Clean, test.
- Air Temperature Rise – Lowest recommended temperature rise and the highest allowed temperature rise through the furnace. This is usually a 30° difference, shown in a range like 50-80° or 45-75 °
- Heat Exchanger – Age can cause cracks leaking deadly CO gases into the air. Heat exchanger is a critical part of your furnace. Responsible for heating the air, but it can be dangerous if not inspected, even cleaned. Inspect heat exchanger for critical cracks, wear. Keeping heat exchangers free from sediments, chemicals, and solids. Proper maintenance improves furnace efficiency, and extends the exchanger lifecycle.
- Exhaust Flue – check condition/operation – Removes excess toxic gases thru vent. Inspect.
- Air Stream Seal – Inspect access opening into duct system.
- Return Plenum Sealed – Stop costly air leaks. Inspect return ductwork.
- Air Filter Type & Condition – Dirty furnace air filter stresses your furnace, wastes energy and cause furnace to shut down. Inspect.
- Air Purifier check-up if you have one. Learn more of a whole house air purifier.
Does A Cheap Furnace Air Filter Work Better?
Cheap fiberglass air filters are made to catch larger particles like hair and some dust before reaching sensitive furnace components. They do little to remove allergies, viruses, odors and more. Their primary job is to protect the furnace, not your lungs.
Order Humidifier Maintenance.
We’ll check your whole home humidifier and report on its operation. We can correct any humidity control faults, scale build up, water panel and sanitize. Annual whole home humidifier inspection improves comfort and resets to factory specs. Maintenance is needed for comfort, savings and to improve your immune system.
Air Duct Cleaning Helps
If your furnace is dirty what is your air duct-work like? Open an air vent. Use a wet, white paper towel and wipe ductwork to see exactly how dirty. We can clean your air ducts too. Call for air duct cleaning and save $100.
HVAC Furnace Cleaning Near Me Call 815-726-6464 or 630-378-4488.
For quality HVAC repair and furnace or boiler maintenance service, call the trusted experts at PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Since 1885. PDM serves Joliet SW Chicago Suburbs. Try the oldest heating experts around for heating maintenance near me.« 10 Common Boiler Repairs