It’s easy to forget about your furnace air filter. But imagine breathing through a dirty dust mask. Sooner or later it gets difficult to breathe and you overheat. That’s what your furnace-ac experiences.
Here are five signs of trouble.
- Furnace or ac runs too long or even all the time.
- Poor air flow. You feel very little air blowing from the register.
- Ice forms on piping to your ac. Turn off ac, check filter, run fan a few hours until ice melts. Try ac and call for service.
- Furnace or ac stops for no reason.
- Home does not feel as comfortable as it should.
Effectiveness of various filter types in removing sub-micron particles from University of Illinois Extension.
- Fiberglass up to 2%
- Washable/reusable up to 6%
- Thin pleated up to 11%
- Deep pleated up to 25%
- Pleated electrostatic up to 49%
- Electronic up to 94%
Federal studies show regular HVAC maintenance helps
- Lower energy use 10-30%
- Reduce breakdowns by 70-75%
- Cut 5-20% off heating repair cost
- Extend equipment life up to 18%
If you notice a dirty furnace or dirty registers call PDM for a top-to-bottom HVAC safety check-up and get a no breakdown guarantee. If your furnace or air conditioning passes our inspection and breakdowns this season, we’ll apply the tune-up costs toward any repairs. PDM Plumbing, Heating and Cooling experts have been a trusted SW Chicago neighbor for 128 years.