Dirty Furnace Air Filter Can Reduce Airflow By 60%.
It’s easy to forget about replacing a dirty furnace air filter. But imagine breathing through a dirty dust mask. Sooner or later it gets difficult to breathe and you overheat. That’s what your furnace-ac experiences. Here are five signs of a dirty air filter.
- Increased utility bills. Furnace or ac runs too long or even all the time.
- Poor air flow. You feel very little air blowing from the register.
- Ice forms on piping to your ac. Turn off ac, check filter, run fan until ice melts.
- Furnace or ac stops for no reason. The lack of fresh air can cause the furnace heat exchanger to become too warm and deactivate.
- Dirty filters can cause short cycling issues and will make it hard to keep your home warm or cool.
Effectiveness of various air filter types.
Cheap air filters can cause problems sooner. Cheap filters should be replaced once per month. If you forget to replace them consistently they can cause more damage to your furnace-ac over time.
Depending on the type of air filter replace every 90 days unless you see significant dust. Have a pet? Consider changing their filter every 2 months. Allergy sufferers and multiple pet owners should change filters monthly.
Federal studies show regular HVAC maintenance helps
- Lower energy use 10-30%
- Reduce breakdowns by 70-75%
- Cut 5-20% off heating repair cost
- Extend equipment life up to 18%
If you notice a dirty furnace or dirty air duct registers call PDM for a top-to-bottom HVAC safety check-up. PDM Plumbing, Heating and Cooling experts have been a trusted Joliet, New Lenox, Plainfield and SW Chicago suburbs neighbor for 135 years.
Why work with PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling?
Our skilled team of plumbing, piping, HVAC experts promises the following with each and every call:
- Guaranteed Pricing: You will never be surprised by an unpleasant bill.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: Going beyond to make you happy.
- Environmentally Friendly: We recycle and use sustainable materials.
- Respect: We’re homeowners too, so we will always clean our messes and treat your property with respect.
Call a trusted HVAC expert for dirty furnace help at 815-726-6264.
Remember, dirt and neglect is the #1 cause of breakdowns and higher utility bills.Why Hire PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling » « Smart Bidet Toilet Cleansing Seat