At PDM Cooling, we always have your satisfaction in mind, and no concern is ever too big or small for us.
Receive top quality service for home air conditioning, commercial rooftop HVAC, cooling towers and ductless systems.
Our AC service maintenance adjusts, calibrates and resets the finer points to squeeze every ounce of efficiency and comfort from your AC unit. Our team of air conditioning service professionals will reset your ac system to factory specs:
Yes, AC maintenance is necessary. The number one cause of higher utility bills and breakdowns is neglect and dirt in your HVAC system. If you do not have your AC unit maintenanced, the following can happen:
- Your AC unit will cool your home less efficiently.
- Dirty fan blades can slow down your fan’s speed and strain its motor.
- Your AC unit’s coils can become corroded and break down.
- Your AC unit’s warranty can be voided.
When you consider everything that can go wrong when you do not have your AC unit regularly serviced, it’s clear that a maintenance plan from a trusted professional is well worth the investment. When you get your AC unit serviced by us, a PDM tech will clean, adjust, calibrate and reset the finer points to factory specs. To learn more about our AC maintenance plans, contact us today.
When your AC unit is freezing up, something has altered your system that cools your evaporator coil more than it should, causing the unit to freeze up. Your air conditioning unit may be freezing up because:
- Your AC unit has blocked or low air flow.
- Your AC unit is being used too frequently.
- Your AC unit has broken parts.
- Your AC unit is poorly maintained.
- Your AC unit has low refrigerant levels.
This problem won’t go away and can damage your AC unit’s compressor. You should check your air filter to see if it is clogged or dirty. You may find the problem is simply due to a dirty filter, which can block over 60 percent of the air flow and stress your system. Replace the air filter or remove it and see if cooling returns. You should let the frozen refrigerant lines thaw first before using the AC. If the problem persists, you may need to have your AC unit repaired by an HVAC technician. To get your AC unit repaired, call us today.
Your air conditioner may be making a noise due to damaged ducts, a clogged air filter, fan problems, coil damage, loose parts, faulty motor bearings and belts and even electrical issues. Some noises your air conditioner may make include:
- A squeaking, squealing or screeching noise - can be due to an issue with the compressor, fan motor, bearings or damaged blower belts.
- A loud buzzing noise - is usually due to an electrical problem.
- A clicking sound - can mean your system relays or contractors are failing.
- A humming or rattling fan motor noise - can indicate that your AC unit needs to be cleaned, has a worn-out part or has bent or shifted blades.
- A banging, whining or whistling noise - can signal poor airflow problems related to leaky air ducts or a clogged air filter.
- A hissing noise - is usually due to a refrigerant leak.
- Shaking and rattling noise - can be caused by loose air conditioner parts related to air movement.
- Constant running noise - can be due to bent outdoor coil fins.
If your air conditioner is making a noise, but you cannot diagnose or repair the problem yourself, you should have an HVAC technician diagnose and repair your AC unit for you. To get your AC unit repaired, give us a call today.