The Most Dangerous Room In Your Home
No, it’s not the kitchen or even the stairways. According to the CDC, one in four people over 65 falls each year. Nearly 80 percent of those falls occur in the bathroom, according to the National Institute on Aging, CDC and others.
- Two-thirds of those who fall will fall again within six months.
- 25 percent of seniors who break a hip from a fall die within six months.
Do You Worry About Slipping in the Bathroom?
Thinking about bathroom safety can save you a trip to the hospital. Is your bathroom cramped and difficult to use? Do you grab a towel bar for support? Would a higher toilet help? A smart toilet seat? Would you like to convert a bathtub into a shower?
Falls are largely preventable. If nothing else, remove slippery carpets and install secure grab bars in your bathroom to prevent falls. It’s nice to hold onto something at times. Order a PDM grab bar installed today.
These 13 Problems Can Lead To A Trip To The Hospital:
- Slipping on a throw rug is the No. 1 culprit
- Forgetting to use a walker, cane
- Shuffling and not lifting your feet
- General problems walking
- Using four or more prescriptions
- Poor shoes and foot problems
- Dizziness, blood pressure problem
- Blurry vision (not wearing eyeglasses)
- Poor lighting, no night lights
- Electrical cords; lamps, extension cords are trip hazards
- A low toilet making standing difficult
- Hot water scalding shock
- If someone falls, call 911 for help. An elderly person helping someone who fell can hurt themselves.
Bathroom Grab Bar Is A Great Gift For You Or Family.
Grab bars help everyone avoid slipping and injury. Improve independence and mobility. Increase comfort and stability especially for poor balance.
PDM experts can install safety grab bars. Many clients worry about entering and exiting a bathtub shower. We are experts at converting a tub to a safe shower with a curb-less, roll-in option, grab bars and a seat.
- Install safety grab bars near a toilet, in a shower or tub wall, even part of the countertop.
- Install a taller, smart toilet seat with night light and much more
- Try other smart home products.
- Touch-less hand washing – WashBar houses soap, water and dryer in one attractive unit for home or business.
- Lavatory sink faucets
- Smart shower valve
- Slip-free floor, existing tile or new floor
- Humidity sensing bath fans
- Motion sensor fan and/or light
- Add a steam room
PDM is your ADA universal bathroom specialist. Try the caring team at PDM for good old-fashioned bathroom craftsmanship and free advice.
What Do You Think?
In order to keep you in your home as long as possible PDM Plumbing offers a FREE bathroom safety inspection, normally a $125 service. A polite, neat professional will stop by and share our experience with you.
After 138 years of keeping our word, we feel good to guarantee your complete happiness and of course comfort. You can learn more at Accessibility Ideas. Slips and falls are the main cause of injury for older people in the home.
“The BEST by FAR! Cannot believe how quickly they came and how professional the service! I am not a first time customer I am a SATISFIED RETURNING CUSTOMER. I get estimates and information before anything is touched. Permission to fix before they start. Quality SERVICE again. THANK YOU!” — Carol P. in Plainfield, IL
The free consultation visit was helpful, professional and excellent. Chris was at our home today, on time as scheduled. He was pleasant, yet professional and knowledgeable about the product and services that PDM offered. A very excellent, helpful experience! — Larry B. in Joliet, IL.