Learn About Energy Saving Tips.
The cost of home heating continues to hit the homeowner harder each year. But sometimes, you can end up spending even more than necessary by overlooking energy wasters in your home that, in many cases, are easy to remedy. Find 10 Energy Saving Tips below.
A home energy audit can help by pinpointing these areas and identifying ways to cut energy costs. In fact, you can conduct a simple audit on your own by following a few recommendations from the Department of Energy.
- Check insulation levels in your attic, exterior and basement walls, ceilings, floors and crawl spaces.
- Check for holes or cracks around your walls, ceilings, windows, doors, lights, plumbing fixtures and venting, switches and electrical outlets.
- Check for open fireplace dampers.
- Check caulking and weather stripping, and repair if necessary.
- Schedule an annual tune-up for your heat pump, furnace or boiler… air conditioning. HVAC Tune-up is your best return on investment.
- Seal and insulate leaky ducts to ensure that the airflow distribution system serving your heating equipment is operating at peak efficiency.
- Clean warm-air registers, baseboard heaters and radiators as needed; make sure they’re not blocked by furniture, carpeting or drapes.
- Seal holes around plumbing and heating pipes.
- Have you ever cleaned air ducts?A dust devil, a hodgepodge of things.
- As colder weather sets in, what is the lowest thermostat temperature you can rest or sleep at? Learn about a smart programmable thermostat that will automatically lower temperatures at night or during the day when the home is unoccupied.
When you call for a PDM Plumbing, Heating. Cooling Tune-up, learn about the latest high efficiency HVAC system. Stretching comfort to fit your lifestyle.
Schedule an appointment or ask PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Since 1885 for energy saving tips. Call 815-726-6264