Prepare Early For A Hot Summer With AC Tune-up.
Quite a few of us operate according to the principle “out of sight, out of mind.” Meaning, we don’t think about it until we actually need it. Unfortunately for many homeowners, their air conditioning system falls into that same “put it off” thinking – and they end up with a toasty surprise right when they want cool comfort. But there’s a better way. And a better time fro an AC tune-up.
In the industry, we call it “the pre-season.” You might call it “spring.” This is when heating repairs fall off and air conditioning repairs aren’t yet hopping. So scheduling a preseason AC tune up during this period gets you the attention you deserve at a time that is most convenient for you. However, when homeowners ignore their systems until they notice how warm they are – and that something’s wrong with their system – well… that’s happening all over town. The AC repair calls start coming in fast. Your appointment isn’t as convenient, and you’re warm while you’re waiting.
What Does An AC Tune Up Actually Involve?
EnergyStar.gov says that a typical maintenance check-up for your air conditioning system should include the following (and we do too):
- Check thermostat settings to ensure comfortable cooling.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty connections can cause unsafe operation and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricate all moving parts, which can cause friction and increase use of electricity.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain. A plugged drain can cause water damage and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates and shuts off properly.
- Clean evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils. Dirty coils reduce the system’s ability to cool your home and cause the system to run longer, increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
- Check your refrigerant level and adjust if necessary.
- Clean and adjust blower components to provide proper system airflow for greater comfort levels. Airflow problems can reduce your system’s efficiency by up to 15 percent.
So now that you’ve got this on your mind, why not schedule your AC tune-up now? Save $20 on a quality ac tune-up, normally $129, now $109 for a limited time.
Founded 137 years ago, PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Since 1885 is one of the oldest family owned & operated home service companies serving the Joliet metropolitan area. We provide SW Chicago suburbs neighbors the best in Cooling, Heating, Plumbing, Drain & Sewer Cleaning, and Bath remodel service. Call 815-726-6264.