How Many Breathes Do You Take A Day?
Many people spend 90% of their time indoors and take about 20,000 breaths every day. It’s hard to know what we are breathing but dirty indoor air quality can cause headaches, dry eyes, nasal congestion, nausea, even fatigue.
Learn more on how to improve your health by breathing less dust, dust mites (40,000 can live in an ounce of dust), pet dander, mold spores, pollen, bacteria and viruses. See air purity video.
There are many types of ventilation and whole home air cleaners. Below are six indoor air quality examples.
1. Standard 1” filter traps 5-15% of airborne particulates and recirculates the rest. Primary purpose is to keep dust and dirt from building up on you HVAC equipment. A dirty air filter can reduce airflow by 60% and cause an expensive breakdown. Change air filter every 1 to 3 months.
2. MERV Media filters can remove up to 97% of pollen, airborne dust and other large particles. Permanently traps indoor allergens that can lead to respiratory problems. MERV filters removal efficiency vary by size and manufacturer. Change filter annually.
3. Whole home air purifier. Pollutants, dust, dander, pollen, smoke and even pathogens such as mold, viruses and bacteria all can be suspended in the air you breathe, even when you don’t see them. An iWave air purifier installs in your air conditioning system to help clean the air in your living space. When air passes over the iWave, ions produced by the device reduce pathogens and other airborne particles, creating a healthy environment.
iWave uses patented needlepoint bipolar ionization (NPBI) technology to create equal amounts of positive and negative ions. When these ions are injected into the air stream, they break down passing pollutants and gases into harmless compounds like oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and water vapor.
4. UV Germicidal Light commonly used in hospitals, restaurants, government offices. It’s purpose is to kill contaminants like viruses, bacteria, yeast and mold. A good second level air cleaner.
5. Whole home ventilation attic fan is seasonal and can replace all the stale air in your home quickly with fresh outdoor air. You’ll love how quickly your home cools down and feels better.
6. Heat Recovery Ventilator is an efficient way of exchanging the air inside your home with fresh outdoor air all year long. In winter months, the heat of indoor air warms incoming cold fresh air, recovering approximately 77% of the energy. In the summer, warm fresh air passes near outgoing conditioned air, cooling it down. At no time do the stale and fresh air streams mix, instead they pass each other separated by thin walls that allow only the air’s energy to transfer, cutting your heating and cooling bills. Fresh air all year long. Stay safe and comfortable.