What are you breathing?
The COVID-19 flu virus makes us pay attention to the microbiology world in our homes. Here are some important points to help improve your health and indoor air quality (IAQ). Below read about the best air purifying device, iWave.
Did you know that sneezing sends into the air a moist cloud of aerosol droplets? These droplets can contain bacteria and viruses. The University of Bristol discovered nearly 100,000 contagious germs traveling at a speed of 100 MPH can occur when you cough or sneeze.
Other biological pollutants also cause allergic reactions like:
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis (rare immune system disorder affecting the lungs)
- Allergic rhinitis (hay fever), and some types of asthma.
- Symptoms include sneezing, watery eyes, coughing, shortness of breath, and dizziness.
- Worsen allergies, respiratory illnesses, heart disease, cancer and other chronic conditions.
What causes unhealthy indoor air?
Indoor pollutants that release gases or particles are a major cause of indoor air quality problems. Poor air ventilation can increase indoor pollutant levels. High temperature and humidity levels can also increase concentrations of some pollutants as well as dry winter air.
Besides bacteria and virus contagions, here are 6 other causes of indoor air quality pollution.
- Mold loves to grow inside and outside of your home.
- Mold can float into your home from doors, windows, and vents, or be carried in by clinging to clothing, even shoes.
- Surprisingly, the National Academy of Medicine suggests healthy people can also experience upper respiratory symptoms, wheeze, and cough from mold.
- And if you are sensitive to molds, nasal stuffiness, irritation of the throat, coughing or wheezing, or eye irritation occur.
- One-third to one-half of all structures have damp conditions that can grow molds and bacteria — and spread infectious diseases.
House dust mites
- Dust mites are in every home no matter how clean. Bedding, furniture, carpets, curtains, you name it.
- They are one of the most powerful of the biological allergens and can be an asthma trigger.
- Seasonal floating pollen grains hitch a ride on people and pets.
- Pollen can also be carried inside and circulated in your air duct ventilation.
Chemical Pollutants VOC
The usual suspects that contain VOCs are paints, cleaners and disinfectants, stored fuels, wood preservatives, and dry-cleaned clothing, building materials, furnishings, office equipment, and graphics and craft materials can release organic compounds while they are being used and just being stored.
- This radioactive, colorless gas is formed outside in the soil.
- The EPA says that radon moves up from the ground into cracks and holes in the foundation.
- One in fifteen homes can have elevated radon levels.
- Breathing radioactive particles become trapped in the lungs and can result in tissue damage, which can lead to lung cancer over a lifetime. Not everyone exposed to higher levels of radon will develop lung cancer.
Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- A colorless, odorless gas that at high concentrations, can cause unconsciousness and death.
- EPA says that unvented kerosene and gas space heaters, wood stoves, fireplaces, gas stoves and furnaces with a cracked heat exchanger.
- The primary pollutants that are released into the air are CO, nitrogen dioxide (NO2), and particles.
- As CO levels increase and remain above 70 ppm, symptoms may become more noticeable (headache, fatigue, nausea).
- As CO levels increase above 150 to 200 ppm, disorientation, unconsciousness.
- Each year 20,000 people visit the hospital and 200 die from carbon monoxide poisoning.
- This is a good reason to have your furnace inspected once a year to check for cracked heat exchanger and reset to factory specs for safe, efficient operation.
Best air purifying device – iWave – Save $100.
Normally $1088, now $988 installed, approximately $23/month
Protect you and your family’s health with one of the best air purifying devices on the market, without breaking the bank! iWave actively purifies the whole house by killing mold, bacteria and viruses, as well as reducing allergens, odors, smoke and other particulates in the air.
We’re taking $100 OFF this incredible system for a limited time, and with its maintenance-free design, you’ll be saving money over traditional filter or UV based systems. So what are you waiting for? Give your local air quality professionals at PDM a call to learn more and schedule your installation for better health today.
- Air purifying device that installs in any furnace-air conditioning system.
- When air passes over the iWave, ions produced by the device reduce pathogens, allergens, particles, smoke and odors in the air, creating a healthy environment without producing any harmful byproducts.
- Uses patented technology, called needle-point bi-polar ionization, to create equal amounts of positive and negative ions.
- When these ions are injected into the air stream, they break down passing pollutants and gases into harmless compounds like oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and water vapor.
- When the iWave ions come in contact with viruses, bacteria or mold, they remove the hydrogen molecules – without them, the pathogens have no source of energy and will die.
- The ions also attach to allergens like pollen and other particles, causing them to band together until they are large enough to be caught by your IAQ ventilation system’s air filter.
iWave air purifying device generates the same ions that nature creates with lightening, waterfalls, ocean waves. Nature uses energy and shear to break apart molecules, naturally cleaning the air and producing a healthy environment. The only difference between the iWave’s technology and nature is that the iWave does it without developing harmful ozone.
You’ll find iWave’s advanced technology provides the most effective air purification method. Other common air purification technologies require ongoing maintenance with bulb/cell replacement every year or two, making the cost of ownership undesirable.
iWave air purifiers have no harmful byproducts, and most models require no ongoing maintenance and have no replacement parts. In fact, with the iWave-R’s patent-pending self-cleaning design, you can enjoy years of maintenance-free performance.
- Proven technology – over 100,000 installations
- Actively purify the whole house!
- Kill mold, bacteria and viruses
- Reduce allergens, odors, smoke and particles
- Maintenance free (iWave-Residential, iWave-Commercial)
- No replacement parts – total cost of ownership is less than other options
- Self-cleaning design (iWave-R, iWave-C)
- Can be wired so you know it is always working (iWave-R, iWave-C, iWave-M)
- Installs in any air conditioning or heating system
- UL and cUL approved
- Three-year warranty* call for details
At this time COVID-19 virus has not been made available for testing. However, the iWave family of products have been proven through independent lab testing to significantly reduce a wide variety of pathogens and viruses similar to coronavirus in the breathing zone and on hard non-porous surfaces. It is important to note that we make no medical claims.
iWave uses patented technology, called needle-point bi-polar ionization, to create equal amounts of positive and negative ions. When these ions are injected into the air stream, they break down passing pollutants and gases into harmless compounds like oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and water vapor (see illustration below).
Begin improving your indoor air quality without investing much.
4 low cost ways to improve your indoor air quality.
- Remove/clean or limit the source of pollution–whether it is mold or animal dander or VOC products. This is usually the best way to improve the quality of your indoor air.
- Ventilate your home–filling your home with fresh air, when possible, helps reduce pollutants inside. Ventilation can mean opening windows and doors or having bathroom and kitchen fans exhaust to the outdoors. A whole home fan is a great idea. It replaces all the air in your home quickly and easily.
- Change furnace air filters monthly or when dirty. Dirty filters can reduce air flow by 60%!
- Adjust humidity levels to be between 30 and 50 percent. This is true in the humid summer and dry winter. Air conditioning helps remove humidity. And if you need more help, especially for basements, PDM offers dehumidifying solutions. In the winter a whole home humidifier helps your immune system stay strong.
Freshen up your air.
Let the PDM Clean Team help improve your Indoor Air Quality. PDM has been serving the greater Bolingbrook, Homer Glen, Joliet, New Lenox and Plainfield, IL areas since 1885. Contact PDM today for free advice. Call 815-726-6264.
Coronavirus Pandemic Message » « 10 Things Not To Put Down The Drain