"Anthony was awesome! He came on time, fixed the issue with my water heater and showed me how to flush it too." - David L.
Warm showers, clean dishes, and clean clothes—easy to take for granted until you’re suddenly without them. Going without hot water for even a day can make things miserable. PDM can restore your comfort fully while keeping things neat and tidy. Home and commercial water heater service as well as swimming pool heaters. Learn abut the value and benefits of a tankless water heater.
If you notice that your water heater is leaking, the first thing you should do is turn off the water. There is a dedicated shutoff valve on the pipes that you should be able to turn clockwise to shut off the water. If the valve is broken or you cannot find it, you can turn off the main water to your house. The water heater may continue to leak temporarily depending on where the leak is located.
PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling provides expert water heater repair and replacement services. We are happy to help with any leaks you may have and are available 24/7 for emergencies. Contact us today to speak with one of our highly trained team members!
If you have been having issues with your water heater, there are a few signs that could indicate it is time to replace your unit:
- Age - If your water heater is ten years old or more, it is probably time for a new one. Standard tank storage water heaters are built to last about ten years. To find out how old your water heater is, you can check the serial number. The second and third characters represent the year the unit was manufactured.
- Noises - If your water heater is making banging or loud sounds, most likely sediment has built up at the bottom of the tank and water is having a hard time flowing through the pipes. You can try to drain your tank of the sediment, but if it has hardened you will most likely need a new one.
- Leaks - If your water heater tank is leaking, you will probably need a replacement. Make sure that if there is a leak, it is not one of the connections or fittings to the tank, which are easy repairs.
On average, you can expect to pay around $200 - $400 to repair a standard tank hot water heater. Some common repairs to water heaters include:
- Replacing thermostat.
- Replacing heating element.
- Repair thermocouple.
- Repair connections or fittings that could be leaking.
For more information on water heater repairs, or to schedule a service, contact PDM today!
PDM Certified Plumbers service and repair all water heater types when it makes sense to do so. If you are experiencing any of these signs PDM definitely can help to get your hot water flowing again.
- Leaking water from your water heater.
- Banging/rumbling sounds when you run the hot water.
- Unpleasant odor from the hot water tap.
- Water heater tripping the breaker.
- Unreliable hot water.
- Lukewarm water.
- Rusty water.
But sometimes, a repair won’t cut it, and you need a new unit. PDM Plumbing offers only the best brands in the industry for your replacement needs. A high-quality water heater is a must for every home or business.
Learn about hot water heater maintenance.
Generally, most water heaters that are more than 10 years old should be considered for replacement. Avoid a water leak and no hot water by replacing (if you aren’t already experiencing that). You’ll love taking a sparkling fresh shower or bath with your new, soothing, high efficiency gas or electric hot water heater. Enjoy more hot water to remove aches, pains and dirt in minutes.
Your new hot water heater replacement includes:
- Safety first. Your PDM plumber will protect you and your place with thoughtful actions and clean up when done.
- An expert water heater installation, making sure it complies with local safety code.
- Custom copper pipe soldering in a beautiful design…NO cheap, ugly, flexible water pipe.
- Change of any parts needed within 3′ of your water heater. No add-on charges like some have.
- Made in the USA, self cleaning water heater for longer life and hotter water.
- Water heater six (6) year limited warranty on tank and parts.
- FREE removal and recycle of old water heater for a greener planet.
We also offer a complimentary service to clean your chimney base debris. We’ll help ensure sufficient draft upstream to remove potentially deadly gases.
Learn abut the value and benefits of a tankless water heater.
No matter how big or small the hot water job is, the experts at PDM will gladly service your existing water heater, or install a new one! We would be more than happy to help in any way we can!
PDM Plumbers are specialists, not a jack of all trades. Your courteous hot water heater repair or replacement professional is certified, licensed, fully insured, background checked and has random drug testing for your protection. We wear shoe covers, mask, and gloves to protect you. Plus we’ll text or email you a photo and bio of your plumber so you know exactly who’s coming into your home.
Don't go without hot water. Schedule an appointment today by calling (815) 726-6264
Get your local NEAT freaks on the job:
- Neighborly—We’re always kind and pleasant.
- Environmentally friendly and use sustainable materials.
- Always respectful and clean up our messes.
- Trusted across the Joliet SW Chicago area since 1885.