Want a great windshield de-icer?
Arctic winds are blowing our way. Prepare your car for the freezing cold with some cheap practical solutions from One Good Thing By Jillee. And if your home furnace is not putting out the heat, call PDM Heating Since 1885 for fast help.
- Avoid wiper blades freezing to your windshield. Soak a soft cloth with rubbing alcohol and wipe each blade.
- Windshield de-icer. Mix three parts vinegar with one part water and spray the mixture onto your windshield to prevent ice from forming.
- Headlights – Cover each light with toothpaste and rinse off with warm water. This will drastically improve the clarity of your lights
- A quick & easy emergency kitHopefully you’ll never have to use it, but if you do, it could literally be a lifesaver!
- Unzip a winter coat.
- Inside, place extra socks and underwear, knit hat, gloves, scarf and snow pants.
- Zip the coat back up.
You now have a compact emergency cold outfit.
Also – a candle and some matches (it will heat your car and add light,) a warm blanket, charged mobile phone, hand/foot warmers, flashlight, bottle of water and energy bars are really necessities if you do any kind of winter driving more than walking distance from civilization.
Learn more at One Good Thing By Jillee – 25 Clever Car Hacks Help You Survive Winter.