Persians, Arabs and Chinese all had a hand in experimenting with some form of iced desserts over 2000 years ago.
- The Chinese (200B.C.) liked frozen milk and rice.
- Persians (400B.C.) choose grape juice over snow and later other fruits and flavors including saffron.
- Roman Emperor Nero (37-68) mixed ice and fruit.
- Arabs began refining milk as a major ingredient of ice cream and sweetened it with sugar.
- As for America, the Quakers introduced ice cream recipes in the 1680’s. Read more of ice cream history in Wikipedia.
If you need new recipes for your plumbing, heating or air conditioning system, call PDM Since 1885. Guaranteed craftsmanship you can count on.