Water is beautiful. But less than 1% of the Earth’s surface water is fresh water. Here’s 9 water sense ideas.
- Washing full loads of laundry and dishes can save 50 gallons a week.
- Fixing household water leaks saves up to 20 gallons a day.
- 5 minute shower can save 8 gallons.
- Brushing your teeth when faucet is off saves 2.5 gallons a minute.
- New efficient toilet saves a lot. EPA estimates 20-40% of toilets leak. A silent toilet leak can waste up to 30 gallons of water a day.
- Water lawn 1 to 2 days a week instead of 5 saves up to 840 gallons a week.
- You can flush a toilet 140,000 times in your life. Do you have a water saving toilet?
- Fully load your dishwasher.
- Keep a gallon of water in the refrigerator rather than running water to cool it off.
75% of Americans are concerned about their water. Are you?
- Mild dehydration (fluid loss of 1-3%) can impair energy levels, mood, & lead to reductions in memory & brain performance.
- Losing as little as 2% of your body’s water content can significantly impair physical performance.
- Drinking water can relieve headache.
- 1% deficiency of water makes us thirsty. 10% we become immobile. 12% water deficiency we die.
Contact PDM Plumbing for more help. Serving SW Chicago suburbs since 1885.