F.A.S.T. – if you see these stroke symptoms, call 911 for help.
- FACE – Ask the person to smile. Is the smile uneven?
- ARM – Is one arm weak or numb? Ask to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
- SPEECH – Any slurred speech? Ask to repeat a simple sentence. The sky is blue today…
- TIME – Act quickly if someone shows this signs. Call 911.
Beyond F.A.S.T. – Other Symptoms You Should Know
- Sudden NUMBNESS or weakness of face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden CONFUSION, trouble speaking or understanding speech
- Sudden TROUBLE SEEING in one or both eyes
- Sudden TROUBLE WALKING, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden SEVERE HEADACHE with no known cause
- Visit the Stroke Association for more help