No heat? Check these points before calling for service.
- Is the thermostat set to HEAT?
- Is the temperature higher than room temperature?
- Turn thermostat OFF, wait 1 minute then turn ON.
- Check to see if the electrical breaker is tripped.
- Is your gas valve open?
- Check for closed or obstructed registers.
- Check for dirty furnace air filter. If dirty replace.
- Make sure the furnace air filter door is closed tightly. If not a safety feature may automatically prevent furnace fan from running.
Not enough hot air coming from my furnace register.
- Check your air filter. If it looks like a gray furry cat, time to replace. A dirty furnace air filter can reduce airflow 60%, increase utility bills and cause costly breakdowns.
- If the air filter is ok you may have a faulty air movement protection system. Could be dirty or needs to be replaced.
Furnace is not blowing air at all.
- Usually suggests an air movement system fault.
- Check thermostat operation, sometimes a battery is the problem.
- Make sure circuit breaker or fuse are on.
- Possibly the indoor blower isn’t working.
- Check furnace air filter and change if dirty. Also make sure the filter door is closed securely.
Furnace runs all the time. Furnace won’t shut off.
- Your furnace relies on sensors to gather air temperature data.
- Check your furnace air filter. Dirty filter could force the furnace to run to reach the desired temperature.
- Your thermostat could be the problem.
- You could have an electrical system fault or a dirty system.
- If the system continues to run turn the furnace off and call for help.
Call PDM Heating specialists for trusted, guaranteed heating repair since 1885. We’ll run diagnostics to locate the problem and give you an upfront price.