Fix a leak. You’ll feel better that you did.
- A dripping faucet can waste a lot of water over time.
- And an old faucet can use up to 5 gallons per minute (fpm).
- New high-efficiency faucets can use 1.5 gpm or less.
- The average family home, retrofitted with water-efficient fixtures, can save up to 30,000 gallons per year.
- The average home can waste more than 11,000 gallons of water a year due to household leaks including running toilets, dripping faucets, and other pipe leaks? That’s about 1 trillion gallons a year!
Shower. Make sure that all water from your shower or bath stays there. Secure shower doors and tightly close curtains. Take signs of mold seriously. Keep your eyes open for cracks and don’t procrastinate. A little time now can save thousands of dollars later. On a preventive maintenance trip, PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling can inspect your tub and shower seals for you. Just ask.
Water fact. Of all the water on earth about four percent is freshwater. And, of the total freshwater, over 68 percent is locked up in ice and glaciers. Another 30 percent of freshwater is in the ground. Rivers are the source of most of the fresh surface water people use, but they only constitute about one percent of total water.
Whatever your water or faucets need are PDM Plumbers can help.