A silent toilet leak can waste up to 30 gallons of water a day.
- Check for toilet leaks.
- Add food color to the toilet tank and wait 30 minutes.
- Then check the toilet bowl to see if coloring appears. If so, your toilet leaks.
- Flush the toilet promptly to make sure tank is not stained.
- If your toilet flush handle frequently sticks in the flush position, letting water run constantly, replace or adjust it.
- Toilet flappers last about five years—unless you’re using those white puck-like toilet bowl cleaning tablets. Then you may find that your flapper is leaking in two years or less!
- Touch the flapper. If the coloring from your flapper gets on your fingertips, your flapper is deteriorating and needs to be replaced.
A new toilet seat is a nice gift.
The new Grip-tight Kohler Reveal Q3 Toilet Seat features an innovative overhanging lid that completely conceals the seat ring, creating a sleek, clean look that works well with contemporary and transitional bath styles.
If your toilet needs help or you want a new efficient toilet replacement, PDM Plumbing Since 1885can help.