No heat? Check these points before calling for service.
- Is the thermostat set to HEAT?
- Is the temperature higher than room temperature?
- Turn furnace switch OFF, wait 1 minute and turn back ON.
- Check to see if the electrical breaker is tripped.
- Check for dirty furnace air filter.
- Check to see if the gas pilot is off.
- Check for closed or obstructed registers
- Make sure the door to the furnace (air filter) is closed tightly. If not a safety feature may automatically prevent furnace from running.
Furnace turns on and off quickly.
You may have an electrical fault in the overheating protection system. The furnace burners turn on and off so the furnace does not overheat. Gas ignition system safety controls not responding to commands.
Not enough heat coming from register.
Check your air filter. If it looks like a gray furry cat time to replace. A dirty furnace air filter can reduce airflow 60%,increase utility bills and cause costly breakdowns.
If the air filter is ok you may have a faulty air movement protection system. Could be dirty or needs to be replaced. Another possibility is you may have a problem with your ductwork.
Banging furnace sound.
Could be a delayed ignition problem. Your furnace is “exploding” each time it turns on. Consider this dangerous.
Call PDM Heating specialists for trusted help since 1885.