Low effort ways to save energy and money.
- 40 to 50 percent of your electric bill comes from you cooling and ventilation.
- Set thermostat to 78°F or higher. Every degree lower can cost up to 8% more.
- Consider a new WiFi thermostat you can control from anywhere, anytime and save about 10% on cooling costs.
- Use the sun to brighten an office and turn off some lighting.
- Seal gaps and cracks at doors and windows. Air leaks can increase cooling costs by 10%.
- With the high cost of water, fix any leaking faucets. Have your sump pump tested to avoid flooding headaches.
- Turn off lights when no one is around. Change lightbulbs to energy saving models.
- Don’t take a wait and see attitude when it comes to HVAC and plumbing maintenance. Improve comfort, avoid breakdowns and cut energy bills with regular maintenance.
- Check your furnace air filter. A dirty HVAC filter makes your system work harder, wastes energy and cause an expensive breakdown. Neglected dirty filter can restrict air flow by 60% and affect your comfort!
- Educate everyone on the value of saving energy. Small things add up over time!
Call PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling for more help. Serving SW Chicago Suburbs Since 1885.