- Dry winter air sucks the moisture from your body. You feel dry air in the wettest parts of your body first. Your sinuses, throat, eyes and skin dry out making you uncomfortable.
- Do you get a dry spot in your throat when a cold is coming on? That usually means your throat’s mucous membrane has cracked, putting you in danger of being infected by germs. Your sinus cavities are protected by paper thin and fragile mucous membranes. Mucus is what keeps them pliable. When dry, they crack and open a direct channel into the bloodstream.
- Your body regulates temperature by constantly secreting moisture in the form of perspiration, which evaporates. The dryer the air, the more rapid the rate of evaporation and the quicker your body cools. It’s why you have to turn your home temperature a few degrees higher to stay warm. With proper humidification, you can save 20% or more on heating costs.
If you have:
- Sinus problems
- Upper respiratory problems
- Dry nose, cracked, itchy skin, sore throats and congestion.
- Tired of static shock, static hair?
- High heating bills
- Comfort complaints
- Piano, other musical instruments
- Wooden floors
- Leather, wooden, or laminated furniture
- Expensive rugs, or drapes
A whole home humidifier will make your life healthier and you’ll sleep better.
If you need advice on improving your health and indoor comfort you can visit PDM Whole Home Humidifier Comfort or call 815-207-4111. PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has been a trusted SW Chicago neighbor for 131 years.