Think we’re having a rough winter? Try Oymyakon, Russia, where winter temps average minus 58 F.
- The frozen ground makes it difficult for working indoor plumbing, so most toilets are outhouses.
- Cars left outside need to be kept running, otherwise they will not restart.
- Planes cannot fly into the area in the winter.
- Great difficulty in working with the dead! Have to thaw the ground first!
- And of course the risk of frostbite is great after only a few minutes in the cold.
- See more at Weather.com by Nicole Bonaccorso and Photographer Amos Chapple.
If you need help with hot water or a hot home, call your neighbors at PDM. We’ve specialized 24 hour plumbing and heating help since 1885. Call 815-207-4111.