Odorless, tasteless and invisible. That’s carbon monoxide and it can kill you or make you sick. Make sure you have an early warning system.
- Install at least one carbon monoxide detector on each level of the home. Ideally located outside each bedroom.
- Carbon monoxide gas rises, so the best location for the detector is on a wall, about six inches below the ceiling.
- Test regularly. Replace the batteries in a battery-powered unit every six months.
- If the alarm sounds, don’t waste time investigating possible causes yourself. Once everyone is safely out, call the fire department. Do not re-enter the house.
For professional installation and service of a carbon monoxide detector to safeguard your greater Joliet home, contact PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling.