- Is the thermostat set to COOL?
- Is the temperature lower than room temperature?
- Turn thermostat OFF, wait 1 minute then turn ON.
- Check to see if the electrical breaker is tripped.
- Check for closed or obstructed registers.
- Check for dirty furnace air filter.
- Make sure the furnace air filter door is closed tightly. If not a safety feature may automatically prevent furnace fan from running.
Not enough cold air coming from register.
Check your air filter. If it looks like a gray furry cat time to replace. A dirty furnace air filter can reduce airflow 60%, increase utility bills and cause costly breakdowns. Get the right professional grade furnace air filter with FREE delivery. Order air filters online here.
If the air filter is ok you may have a faulty air movement protection system. Could be dirty or needs to be replaced.
No air is blowing at all.
Usually suggests your air movement system fault. Possibly the indoor blower isn’t working or outside unit is dirty. Or you may have a refrigerant transfer system problem.
AC runs all the time.
Your thermostat could be the problem, freon and pressure levels, or a dirty system.
Air conditioning system is freezing up.
Freezing generally has to do with blocked air flow. There are a number of possible causes. Turn off system and call PDM for help.
Home is not cool.
If you feel the air from your vent is not cool, this usually means the outdoor unit stopped running. There might be a frozen line between your fan and compressor or even dirty air filter.
Call PDM Cooling specialists for trusted help since 1885.