HVAC tune-up can stop trouble before it begins.
Dust is a hodgepodge of contaminants circulating in your air ducts and HVAC equipment. Did you know a 6-room home sees as much as 40 pounds of dust in a single year? We find dust everywhere when performing a furnace and air conditioning clean and check and is the #1 cause of wasted energy and breakdown.
5 unhealthy bugs in your HVAC system.
1. Mildew, Mold, Bacteria Out You Go
- Mold loves to grow inside and outside of your home. Mold loves dampness, humidity.
- Mold floats into your home from doors, windows, and vents, or be carried in by clinging to clothing and shoes.
- Surprisingly, the National Academy of Medicine suggests healthy people can also experience upper respiratory symptoms, wheeze, and cough from mold.
- One-third to one-half of all structures have damp conditions that can grow molds and bacteria.
- Regular maintenance and HVAC system and duct cleaning improves indoor air quality.
2. House dust mites, pet dander away
- Dust mites are in every home no matter how clean. Bedding, furniture, carpets, curtains, you name it.
- Dust can be one of the most powerful of the biological allergens.
3. Pollen sniffle be gentle
- Seasonal floating pollen grains hitch a ride on people and pets.
- Pollen can also be carried inside and circulated in your air duct ventilation.
4. Household chemicals
- Dust also contains VOCs from paints, cleaners and disinfectants, stored fuels, wood preservatives, and dry-cleaned clothing, building materials, furnishings, office equipment, and graphics and craft materials can release organic compounds while they are being used and just being stored.
5. Pollution ugh
- Outdoor pollutants often wind up caught in the air filter, making HVAC system cleaning an important part in removing these pollutants.
- Poor ventilation contributes to poor indoor air. If vents can’t circulate or filter air enough, a hodgepodge of contaminants can build-up in the HVAC system in high concentrations.
- Humidity also allows indoor pollution to linger in the air.
Symptoms of a poorly maintained HVAC system.
Your indoor air quality is related to maintaining your HVAC system. Here are some signs you need your HVAC system and ducts cleaned.
- You feel congested
- Itchy eye irritation
- Skin rashes
- Weak muscles, cramps
- Light headed, dizzy or headaches
- Feeling of fatigue
- Asthma symptoms worsen
Warning signs that your HVAC system is overdue for a cleaning.
- Return air vent looks dirty?
- Dust buildup on surfaces?
- Odors – Musty or chemical smells?
- Small water leaks and damage?
- Poor ventilation, stuffy air?
- Excess humidity in buildings and basements?
- Dust inside your vents?
- AC not cooling well?
Stop trouble before it begins.
Dust is a hodgepodge of contaminants that builds up in your ventilation system, but not overnight.
- HVAC clean and check improves your indoor air quality.
- Regular heating & cooling maintenance helps remove dirt, mold, pollens and pollutants.
- A well-maintained system runs more efficiently and lowers utility bills.
- Regular service prolongs the useful life of HVAC equipment, which can add up to thousands of dollars over the life of the building.
- Regular service from a skilled professional helps identify and offer proactive solutions to problems, improve air quality, prevent HVAC equipment failure or downtime and avoid expensive emergency repairs.
- Annual clean and checks warn you if your system has the potential weaknesses or shows signs of contamination due to humidity or airflow problems. That’s why consistent plumbing, heating and cooling maintenance and cleaning helps stop trouble before it begins.
- Don’t forget that HVAC system cleaning can include duct cleaning services. Air circulates throughout your home or business through your air ducts and can harbor unhealthy things.
Contact PDM Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Since 1885 for trusted advice and service.
PDM is taking extreme precautions with the COVID-19 virus.
So neither you, your family, business or PDM Comfort Team are affected.
Prescreen all techs every morning, checking for any symptoms of the virus.
All techs wear shoe covers and gloves, and will wear a mask if you or they prefer.
Wash hands prior to entry and will practice social distancing.
No disrespect, but we’ll not reach out to shake you hands out of respect. It’s all part of our 6 step healthy service call to protect you and us.
- Our techs are highly trained, licensed, background checked and have random substance testing
- Our General Liability Insurance protects your property if we cause any damage to your home or facility.
- And Worker’s Compensation in case we are injured on your property; if the contractor doesn’t have it, you may be responsible for the medical bills. PDM has your back.
PDM is an industry leader. We’ve earned a reputation of trustworthy business conduct and quality service since 1885. Call 815-726-6264.
People also see
- Learn more about duct cleaning services – what you can’t see can hurt you
- Add a whole home ventilation fan in your attic for quick, fresh outdoor air.
- Whole home humidifier helps your immune system health and lowers heating costs up to 10% or more.
- Home or commercial building dehumidifier makes a difference.