Fridge or not to fridge.
Is the refrigerator or room temperature best for bananas, tomatoes, candles, peanut butter, even cut flowers? From Reader’s Digest Magazine, May 2013.
- Bananas – keep cold as they can stay their best for another week, just make sure they are ripe.
- Tomatoes – chill or room temperature? Avoid refrigerator at all costs. They turn mushy and lose flavor
- Candles – Cold wax burns longer and cleaner.
- Natural peanut butter – keep it cold. PB goes rancid quickly at room temperature.
- Cut flowers – keep em cold. Put blooms, vase and all in the fridge overnight. Remove apples as they release wilt-inducing ethylene gas.
If you need help staying cool this summer call PDM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Since 1885. The Clean Team will keep you comfortable.